walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Stunning Skye!

Stunning Skye!

Postby coachmacca » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:41 pm

Munros included on this walk: Bruach na Frìthe

Fionas included on this walk: The Storr

Date walked: 14/10/2013

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

We bought a wee deal for 2 nights in Skye a couple of months ago and we were incredibly lucky when last weekend arrived and the weather was stunning! Blue Skye , bone dry and very little wind so off we set very excited for our first trip "over the sea"

Took our time driving up from Glasgiw and stopped off at Fort William for Lunch , Many places for pictures en route and then a last coffee at Eilleen Donan castel (and more pics) before arriving at Duisdale.

Anyway I'll not bore with lost of typing but say the hills were majestic and magical, the food tasy and fresh and the walking great fun and better than most I have had. - we ill be back for more! Here' some pics and words to highlight!

Glencoe by coachmacca, on Flickr

Passing through Glencoe so had to take the obligatory BEM shot

Commando Memorial by coachmacca, on Flickr

Stopped off for a moment at the Commando Memorial just after Fort William

Highlands by coachmacca, on Flickr

Quick coffee stop to check if Highlander was in..

Skye by coachmacca, on Flickr

Bruach ne Frithe and its neighbours

View south from Bruach na Frithe.. so many ridges so little time! (we will be back!)

Mountain Retreat by coachmacca, on Flickr

Passed this little cottage on the walk out, saw the moon .. just stunning !

The next day after some amazing seafood at Creelers we headed up to the Storr (weather still amazing!)

View to the famous needle

View from the Storr back across to the Cuillins and Bruach na Frithe to the far right of the ridge

More of the Storrs incredible and alien terrain - No wonder the opening of Prometheus was shot here!

After the Storr we had to head home (Sadly) so off we set..

Glen Garry by coachmacca, on Flickr

Passing through Glen Garry the light and clouds were incredible - here's me effort to capture them!

Thanks for reading and looking folks, not been on the site much just been busy but I'm stili reading everyones reports and keeping an eye on the forums - hope all are well! :D
Last edited by coachmacca on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
coachmacca
Stravaiging

Munros:39   Corbetts:7
Fionas:5   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   

Re: Stunning Skye!

Postby riverlodge » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:48 pm

fabulous pics, that B&W plate of BEM has to be amongst the best shots i have seen of it. great w/e by the looks.
riverlodge
Munro compleatist

Munros:168   

Re: Stunning Skye!

Postby coachmacca » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:31 am

riverlodge wrote:fabulous pics, that B&W plate of BEM has to be amongst the best shots i have seen of it. great w/e by the looks.

Thanks RL - to be honest the weather was so good everything just looked amazing - its got to be one of the best mountains on earth to photograph but many thanks for the comment.

It was a fantastic w/e - looking forward to going back !
coachmacca
Stravaiging

Munros:39   Corbetts:7
Fionas:5   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland