walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Walk Beinn Each

Walk Beinn Each

Postby U059361 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:29 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn Each

Date walked: 04/11/2013

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 6.6 km

Ascent: 700m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Too good a day to miss, so picked a fairly short walk and well known. Plenty of parking for Glen Ample. Got windy up top and wind chill was again fantastic. Frozen ground where the sun hadn't reached but didn't need any spikes (yet). A little snow on top. Out of the wind up top to have lunch. Had to apply suntan lotion, could feel my face catching it as I sat enjoying the food and the view. Took my time going back along the track as it was out of wind and sun was nice.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Each and Chroin by Joe Kincaid, on Flickr
Ledi Benvane Stitch by Joe Kincaid, on Flickr
Stuc a'Chroin Stitch by Joe Kincaid, on Flickr
U059361
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:38
Fionas:20   Donalds:27
Sub 2000:40   Hewitts:5
Islands:32

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland