walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Vane

Ben Vane

Postby paddyw1 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:06 pm

Route description: Ben Vane, from Inveruglas

Munros included on this walk: Ben Vane

Date walked: 26/10/2013

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 11 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Despite the howling wind and intermittent sideways soaking, combined with this being the first Munro I've done in a year, I had a great time and the bug for Munro bagging has firmly taken hold! Route hard to distinguish in places and very VERY wet and slippery, but it all adds to the adventure/ bruises on arse! Saw either a Ptarmigan or Grouse on summit. I think it was shocked that anyone was stupid enough to swap safety and shelter for the hills, and promptly launched itself into a particularly severe gust finding itself tossed and turned into the ever present mist. Managed to get a quick snap before it did it's suicidal leap of faith. Will try to upload it and anyone so inclined can let me know what it is!
paddyw1
Mountaineer

Munros:45   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland