walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Deuchar Law horseshoe

Deuchar Law horseshoe

Postby Johnny Corbett » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:23 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Deuchar Law

Date walked: 15/11/2013

Time taken: 3.3 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Had planned to do this walk from Kirkhouse on the B709 and take the Southern Upland Way route but there was no parking spots in Kirkhouse, so drove down Glen House and found a spot just before the road forks. I then walked back along the road before taking a track to the right which led to a bridge over the river. I then walked through the fields before reaching the SUW . I followed this and left it where i saw a small boulder. From here the walk started to get boggy and up to this point had been on nice firm ground. I had just over 1km of this terrain before reaching the summit, with no views when i arrived. From the summit i headed for Glenvattay, then followed the track/road back to my car.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

https://plus.google.com/photos/110051255472035874897/albums/5948377893476217793
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland