- Looking across the valley floor of the Allt Coire Lagain towards Beinn Beag and Airgiod Bheinn. A bit of a tramp into here today, but so worth it :)
- Carn nan Gabhar the highest point of Beinn A'Ghlo still not in sight. We need to first go up and over Airgiod Bheinn the pointer of the two summits behind me :)
- Valerie and Ritchie leading the way.....
- Selfie!!! Carn Liath over my shoulder there .... lead many Scouts from all over the world up there in my time :)
- Striding up Airgiod Bheinn, and can you believe it? I am actually in front at this point :)
(The weather is about to worsen, but it was not too serious provided our timing was still good...and it was ....)
- Ritchie-lad, always keen to show the way :)
- Looking down over our approach. See the path above the steep slopes dropping to the burn .....
- Carn Liath now shrouded in chilly clag........
- This is my type of route.....steep and straight up :)
- Hard shell on ... actually getting pretty cold now, but with the wind being reasonably kind :)
- Up and over now, the hard work done :)
Keeping a keen eye on the watch and assessing the day :)
- Big cairn One, not the summit yet .....!
- Trig point at 1121 metres above sea-level, still not the summit! Watch out for that if you are up here. The top is 200 metres further on through the chilly - clag :0
- And we're there, yeha!
- Great shame...no views (same last time I was here with Marty many moons ago), but we couldn't complain a fantastic climb enjoyed. Had to quickly descend to the safety of the bealach onto Braigh Coire Chruin-bhalgain....careful footwork, nae probs :)
- Beginning the route home and planning a munchies stop :)
- Nice crunchy snow aiding a swift drop-off :)
- Looking for a seat .... sustenance required :)
- One happy boy...eyeing up Valerie's oatcakes, then we're ready for the final leg back to the van parked down at Loch Moraig :)
our_route.gpx Open full screen NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts
Wonderful what might be happening next weekend ?