walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Webtogs Walk Report winners - November

Webtogs Walk Report winners - November

Postby Webtogs winners » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:00 am

Date walked: 05/12/2013

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

It's that exciting time once again when I get the opportunity to announce the winners of the monthly walk report competition! Prizes are a £60 voucher for our favourite report, and a £30 voucher for the runner up.

I'm always drawn to the report that gives me the greatest impression of what it would feel like to be there on the mountain, and rouses the greatest sense of jealousy! There were certainly a few this month that fitted the bill, and none more so than Amazing Day on Ben More in perfect winter weather :), by wilkiemurray. Awesome combination of great video, stunning pictures (nice pole-work), and concise yet descriptive text - very easy to read top-to-bottom.

So wilkiemurray is this month's winner of £60 to spend on Webtogs - Congratulations! :clap: http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37888

Our runner-up is Knee Deep on Streap, by Collaciotach. We loved the contrast between the golden slopes beneath the snowline and the pure white above, in the second pic from the top. Again, beautiful winter scenery (and a cute little dog).

So Collaciotach will get £30 of Webtogs spending money - Congrats to you too! :clap:
http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37943

We will be in touch with the winners via email over the next few days, with instructions on what to do next.

Until next time, have a great Christmas guys. We hope you all get chance to make the most of the (hopefully) beautiful winter weather!
Webtogs winners
Rambler

Munros:1   
Hewitts:27
Wainwrights:12   

Re: Webtogs Walk Report winners - November

Postby RicKamila » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:04 am

Congrats to both the winners.

Also, a big thank you to WebTogs - The North Face fleeces that I purchased with my winning voucher were delivered very quickly and are just what we wanted. Not too hot, not to cold and very soft to touch. Very impressed with the customer service :thumbup:
RicKamila
Mountaineer

Munros:5   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:16   

Postby wilkiemurray » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:36 pm

Thanks very much Phil - glad you liked the report and video :) will be browsing your page to see what goodies I can get:) :D

much appreciated

Murray
wilkiemurray

Postby gammy leg walker » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:38 pm

2 worthy winners.
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

Postby Collaciotach » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:29 pm

Moran taing a bhalaich ..... many thanks Phil and I am glad you enjoyed the report it was as good a day out as I have ever had .

Looking forward to spending my prize :D
Collaciotach
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:219
Fionas:47   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:25   
Islands:28

Postby Scotjamie » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:52 pm

very well done both. Just enjoyed the two trip reports...... great stuff.
Well deserved winners :clap:
Scotjamie
Wanderer

Munros:148   

Postby AbbsFooty » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:52 am

Well done you two! :D
AbbsFooty
Mountaineer

Munros:3   
Fionas:1   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland