walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

New Years Day foray up Moncrieffe Hill, Perthshire

New Years Day foray up Moncrieffe Hill, Perthshire

Postby Russ Kelsey » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:04 pm

Route description: Moncreiffe Hill near Perth

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Arthur's Seat, Moncreiffe Hill

Date walked: 01/01/2014

Time taken: 1.25 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

The day dawned bright(ish), the wife was at work, Charlie whilst having breakfast asked "as it was New Years Day, could we climb another hill, like we did last year (Meall Nan Tarmichean). Of course I jumped at the chance to get out and about, happy that the little fella wanted to do the same.

So, car loaded, dogs in boots on we headed of for an un bagged hill, nothing too hard as we'd been out on Ben-y-Vrackie on Sunday :D

Charlie then asked if he could take his bike with him!! So doing the usual Sherpa bit, I agreed to take the bike!. Knowing that at some stage I would have to pull, push or carry it and him!!

To my amazement, Charlie did not moan or protest at the numerous uphill bits on the walk, as he had GEARS on his "big boy bike" and he would do it himself!!

The view from the top of the hill was excellent with good visibility all round. Safely back at the car, warm drink and snack safely munched, he was asleep by Perth. Well done boy, another hill ticked off the list. :clap: :clap:
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Russ Kelsey
Munro compleatist

Munros:24   Corbetts:8
Sub 2000:6   Hewitts:7
Wainwrights:4   

Re: New Years Day foray up Moncrieffe Hill, Perthshire

Postby The Rodmiester » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:12 pm

Great to get out, on a pretty good weather day, a bonus, just now! Judging by the number of reports being put on the forum, not many got out at all, and missed a good day. Well done Charlie, as well :)
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Grahams:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:16

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland