walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Grand Canyon - nae its Rumbling Bridge !

Grand Canyon - nae its Rumbling Bridge !

Postby Second chance » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:56 pm

Route description: Rumbling Bridge Gorge and Crook of Devon

Date walked: 09/01/2014

Time taken: 0.45 hours

Distance: 1.25 km

Ascent: 40m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Recovering from a knee injury I decided to try the Rumbling Bridge walk.
No Munros here, and instead of going uphill, its down into the murky depths of a Gorge.
Like everywhere else the now - everything is wet, soaking, and muddy. Still it was a very pleasant outing with plenty of fabulous scenery. Especially at this time of year when there is no leaves to obscure the view.
I followed the Walkhighlands route and it was pretty accurate.
The highlight of the trip is the Bridge itself - a magnificient structure precariously overhanging a sheer drop into the gorge below. See picture.
If you want a short walk one day this winter, and the weather is against climbing the hills - why not give this a try - you won't regret it !
Regards, Second Chance.
Attachments
River Devion 2 (800x569).jpg
The River Devon flowing through the Gorge.
River Devon with border 1 (800x560).jpg
The River Devon flowing through the gorge
Rumblng Bridge border (520x1024).jpg
Rumbling Bridge
Second chance
Munro compleatist

Munros:26   

Re: Grand Canyon - nae its Rumbling Bridge !

Postby chickadee » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:06 pm

Nice pics! I like that gorge, I did it in autumn last year with my friend. Bit less sunny that day! But I love the water, it's great and you feel as if you're much further away from the road than you are. And Rumbling Bridge is a great place name.
chickadee
Mountaineer

Munros:13   Corbetts:4
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:3   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland