walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Eighe (western summits)

Beinn Eighe (western summits)

Postby Blaneyray » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:56 pm

Route description: Beinn Eighe (western summits)

Munros included on this walk: Ruadh-stac Mòr (Beinn Eighe), Spidean Coire nan Clach (Beinn Eighe)

Date walked: 05/09/2008

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Did the walk 08/08/08. A dry and clear day for the most part. Sun in the afternoon. A group of 5, Hubby and me, our 15 yr old son and our 2 dogs.
A beautiful walk in, views of Liathach amazing. Coire Mhic Fhearchair and Triple Buttresses, just out of this world! Steep scrambly scree ascent, we took the route to the left of the main scree and had no problems - even the dogs enjoyed the scrambling. Cloud came down briefly as we reached Rudd stac Mor, although lingered over other tops such as Liathach. Some scrambling and exposure, but mostly by choice. Climbed to Spidean Coire nan Clach with more views. The sun was out, sparkling and reflecting from all the white rocks. Not ready to desced yet so climbed onto Sgurr Ban for more scrambling. Had a second lunch here before returning to bealeach and descent down Coire an Laoigh. This was possibly our best mountain day ever! We really didn't want to descend, but time had beaten us. The dogs managed the route well, although they are quite fit young collies. One scraped a pad on the descent at the end of the day (he was a bit sorry for himself the next day) and neither needed a manicure for a while.
Blaneyray

Re: Beinn Eighe (western summits)

Postby Paul Webster » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:42 pm

Hey Blaneyray

I re-did this walk on the same day as you - the other way round - so we must have met?? I'd set off quite early as I wanted to walk round the back of Liathach as well, but did see quite a few people in Coire Mhic Fhearchair...
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland