walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Lomond on a glorious day!

Ben Lomond on a glorious day!

Postby Maroonman » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:06 pm

Route description: Ben Lomond

Munros included on this walk: Ben Lomond

Date walked: 11/03/2014

Time taken: 5 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I had underestimated this mountain and only realised it when I finally got my boots on it, having walked and driven past it so many times in more than 40 years of passing. I will be back a lot sooner, simply stunning is a good description and definitely helped by a beautiful day in the sun with amazing views. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute going up in the snow by the Ptarmigan path and just had to keep stopping and taking in the incredible views of the Arrochar "Alps" and the Loch below. Heard the young lad playing the bagpipes on the summit when I was still about an hour away from the top, just completed a great day out on the mountain. I got to the top and discovered I was alone, the other people I had seen from below had all started descending ( including the piper) on the other path down, I just absorbed the 360deg. views and took loads of pics. This is my first walk report on here and if every other trip is as good I will be doing more in the near future. Tried to upload pictures but just discovered I need to resize them, I'll put some up later if I find out how to do it.
Last edited by Maroonman on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maroonman
Munro compleatist

Re: Ben Lomond on a glorious day!

Postby The Rodmiester » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:19 pm

You certainly picked a good day for it, wonderful as was the following one, made up for the rubbish we have been getting for weeks :lol: :lol:
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Re: Ben Lomond on a glorious day!

Postby Maroonman » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:45 pm

Hello Rodmeister, you're right there has been some dour weather lately, makes it all worthwhile and easy to forget when you get days like Tuesday and Wednesday though.
Maroonman
Munro compleatist

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland