walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Creigh hill and Hare cairn.

Creigh hill and Hare cairn.

Postby Benjaminnevis » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:08 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Creigh Hill, Hare Cairn

Date walked: 11/03/2014

Time taken: 5 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Glad i got this 2 done in case the wind mill application gets approved and ruins the views :crazy: :crazy:

only ended up doing them cause the gamekeepers were burning heather on corwharn and cat law but they are fine wee hills just a pity i did not have the time to add legendary Crock :lol:
Attachments
SAM_1186 (690x388).jpg
SAM_1189 (690x518).jpg
SAM_1191 (690x518).jpg
SAM_1196 (690x518).jpg
How you can stick up wind mills here is just crazy.
SAM_1199 (690x518).jpg
SAM_1201 (690x518).jpg
SAM_1206 (690x518).jpg
There was something on this that made me laugh any way where it says in big red letters WHAT IS PROPOSED some one has written in Vandalism ha ha not funny really it is true.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Benjaminnevis
Hill Bagger

Munros:38   Corbetts:15
Fionas:7   
Sub 2000:27   

Re: Creigh hill and Hare cairn.

Postby The Rodmiester » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:01 am

A couple of nice hills there ! Pity about the proposed wind farms, surely enough is enough. Far too many already erected along with their maze of access tracks across the hillsides. I see your picking off all these wee Angus hills at the same time of year I did them last year. It makes sense when the weather has been so poor. (Apart from this week) :)
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby Benjaminnevis » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:43 pm

The Rodmiester wrote:A couple of nice hills there ! Pity about the proposed wind farms, surely enough is enough. Far too many already erected along with their maze of access tracks across the hillsides. I see your picking off all these wee Angus hills at the same time of year I did them last year. It makes sense when the weather has been so poor. (Apart from this week) :)

I really enjoyed the 2 hills even the long tarmac road to hare cairn a really nice area. The problem i see with the windmill application is if it gets the go ahead and nobody bothers to fight it could open up further applications for the surrounding area even Crock may get a few.
At least the national parks are protected but then again would it hurt to have a few windmills near the glenshee ski slopes which are the ugly any way rather than spoiling the backwater reservoir.

one thing is for sure we won't get cheaper bills with or without em.
Benjaminnevis
Hill Bagger

Munros:38   Corbetts:15
Fionas:7   
Sub 2000:27   

Postby The Rodmiester » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:35 pm

Spare a thought for the guy who has purchased Balintore Castle which overlooks Mile Hill, his future views all around might be wind farms. What I can gather it is a listed building and he has ploughed his monies into something with the knowledge of the Planners, the same Planners who will make a decision re Windfarm applicationson Mile Hill, bit of a nonsense really !
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland