Weird Scientist wrote:After camping Friday night in the woods near Derry Lodge (very windy), my two friends and I met your group beside Glas Allt Mor on Saturday (you've kindly included a picture of me beside the 'stream'!). For about an hour, we attempted to cross the water en route to Derry Cairngorm...but despite removing boots and braving the freezing water, it just wasn't safe enough to cross. At that point we discussed following the route that your group had taken, but your trip report pretty much sumarises the conditions we expected we'd encounter. Down by the water, the wind was slack and the sun was warm, so we called it quits and had a snooze instead . Glad to hear you all got back safely...but I suspect your post-hill pub conversation was more interesting than ours was!
Ahhhh.... Bryan watched you and said that he thought you had returned. I did wonder if you's decided to go elsewhere for the day. Probably a very wise decision!!! The water had risen when we returned and our desperation to get 'down' off the hill was so great we chose what we thought was the best route at that time, but should have returned the way we went. The pubs were just about ready to shut when we returned And thanks!!