walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn a" Chochuill and Beinn Eunaich 1st this year

Beinn a" Chochuill and Beinn Eunaich 1st this year

Postby gammy leg walker » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:55 pm

Route description: Beinn a' Chochuill & Beinn Eunaich

Munros included on this walk: Beinn a' Chochuill, Beinn Eunaich

Date walked: 28/03/2010

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 14 km

Ascent: 1210m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

First time out this year,and after a lot of debate chose to attempt these two munros,and fingers crossed knee will hold out ( :) ).Found the small parking area at the Allt Mhoille bridge with Alan and James followed the track up the hill into Glen Noe,picked our way past all the cattle poo :) and after 45/50 min started to climb the SE shoulder of Beinn a" Chochuill,the old gammy leg putting the other two too shame (what a pace I set :lol: )
mix 091.jpg
nice view
mix 094.jpg
hurry up you 2
.After 2 1/2 hrs got to the top of the 1 st summit of the day felling great pity about the view
mix 095.jpg
Beinn a" Chochuill
,no hanging around at top bit to cold and windy for that.Came down of summit out of the wind for a quick lunch,then of up Beinn Eunaich found this fairly hard and rocky up to the top,no point in any photos all clagged in,got to summit after 1 hr 20 min
mix 096.jpg
Beinn Eunaich
mix 097.jpg
James/Alan and small cornice
.No views on this top again,couple of pics then on our way home,nice easy decent to start with,then soon a big drop for a fair way(knee ouch :( ),once down below cloud line took a few pics of the only views we got all day
mix 099.jpg
view of sorts
Soon back onto track back down Glen Noe,and heading for the car.1st 2 munros of the year complete, legs murder after that decent,but a very happy gammy leg, :thumbup: :thumbup: ,roll on the rest of the year
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

Re: Beinn a" Chochuill and Beinn Eunaich 1st this year

Postby davetherave » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:59 pm

Snow seems fairly non existent thankfully. planning doing theese hills 2 munros plus the other 2 + corbett over friday and saturday with a high level overnight camp. :shock:

my fingers and toes are crossed. :?

Plan to do the 2 corbetts to the east of ben cruachan on friday morning then head over to ben cruachan mid afternoon and hopefully reach the summit and overnight camp, or possibly camp at the bealach just before the summit.

Will try and get a report in soon.

PS... glad to know that the legs held out....... just. :lol:
davetherave

Munros:220   Corbetts:88
Fionas:26   Donalds:5

Postby gammy leg walker » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:02 pm

Very little snow last sunday,don"t know how much snow has fallen since,hope you enjoy your walk :)
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Walk wish-list

Postby David.Ferguson » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:55 pm

Hi Dave

I am planning the same trip for wed and thu next week.Late start and down into Glen Noe to camp and then
the other 2 on Thursday.Get your report up quick and i can see what the snow is like. :lol:

David.
David.Ferguson
Munro compleatist

Munros:43   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   Donalds:1

Postby Alan S » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:21 pm

Good first report :wink:
putting the other two too shame what a pace I set

Hope you enjoyed that coz it wont happen again,im still recovering from a hard winter :)
Heres another couple of pics from the day
Beinn a'chocuill,Eunaich 3.JPG
Beinn a'chocuill,Eunaich 6.JPG
Beinn a'chocuill,Eunaich 11.JPG
Beinn a'chocuill,Eunaich 17.JPG
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Munros:216   Corbetts:4
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   
Islands:13
Walk wish-list

Postby gammy leg walker » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:28 pm

Is that right what are you up to on Sunday :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Walk wish-list

Postby Alan S » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:44 pm

Plan to do the 2 corbetts to the east of ben cruachan on friday morning then head over to ben cruachan mid afternoon and hopefully reach the summit and overnight camp, or possibly camp at the bealach just before the summit.

Hi Dave,would be keen to see how you or david ferguson get on with this as i was planning a to do the 4 in the summer as an overnighter even tho i have just done these 2.I was planning on starting with Beinn Eunaich first and camping on Beinn a'chochuill then heading over to Ben Cruachan and returning via the road which leads to the cruachan reservoir back to the car :)
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Munros:216   Corbetts:4
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   
Islands:13
Walk wish-list

Postby davetherave » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:52 am

alan s wrote:Hi Dave,would be keen to see how you or david ferguson get on with this as i was planning a to do the 4 in the summer as an overnighter even tho i have just done these 2.I was planning on starting with Beinn Eunaich first and camping on Beinn a'chochuill then heading over to Ben Cruachan and returning via the road which leads to the cruachan reservoir back to the car

Report to follow soon, turned out to be a bit of a monster of a route though.... was'nt the normal Cruachan horseshoe we did, turned out to be a much bigger route. Took us 12hrs from car 2 car. :shock: :?

David.Ferguson wrote:Hi Dave

I am planning the same trip for wed and thu next week.Late start and down into Glen Noe to camp and then
the other 2 on Thursday.Get your report up quick and i can see what the snow is like.

David.
davetherave

Munros:220   Corbetts:88
Fionas:26   Donalds:5

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland