walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

The Cairnwell Munros

The Cairnwell Munros

Postby bio-man » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:04 pm

Route description: The Cairnwell Munros

Munros included on this walk: Càrn a' Ghèoidh, Càrn Aosda, The Cairnwell

Date walked: 30/07/2008

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I climbed these in early 2006, when they were snow-covered and you couldn't see much of the man-made tracks. But have driven through the glen in summer and couldn't really believe the devastation. I was with my then partner on the climb and these were her first Munros so we 'celebrated'on the Cairnwell!!! Didn't see anyone all day until that moment!!! Red faces melted the snow.....should have posted this in "Bad Hills Days"!!! Also enjoyed the breakfast at the Spittal of Glenshee, as usual!! Recommended!!
bio-man
Munro compleatist

Munros:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland