walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Vane - On a very misty day

Ben Vane - On a very misty day

Postby gazzmatron » Thu May 08, 2014 3:28 pm

Route description: Ben Vane, from Inveruglas

Munros included on this walk: Ben Vane

Date walked: 04/05/2014

Time taken: 6.5 hours

Distance: 14 km

Ascent: 1376m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Here we go! Parked at the car park opposite Inveruglas hydro station.
We walked along the A82, before heading off to the right under the railway bridge to being the ascent. Along the way we passed a strange electricity station, the moisture in the air causing the wised to crackle and hiss.
Taking a photo of you, taking a photo of me...
Due to the cloud cover, there wasn't much to see.
...apart from clouds!
Feeling mighty!
Into the mist.
We reached the summit.
Utilizing the shelter for our lunch. It's at this point that I realize I left my sandwiches in the car(!), luckily Rachel had enough soup for both of us!
The descent was met with snow, quite a lot of snow. Sadly it was too compacted for snow angels.
Rachel negotiation her way under a compacted snow tunnel.
Walking on snow is scary.
Very wintry conditions for May!
Heading down to Inveruglas Water, with the electricity plant in the background.
Rachel enjoying being back on hard ground.
Ben Vane: Done.
Attachments

ben-vane.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

gazzmatron
Munro compleatist

Munros:80   Corbetts:1
Grahams:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland