walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Glen Etive Trio

Glen Etive Trio

Postby flipside » Sun May 25, 2014 5:52 pm

Route description: Ben Starav and Glas Bheinn Mhòr

Munros included on this walk: Beinn nan Aighenan, Ben Starav, Glas Bheinn Mhòr

Date walked: 13/05/2014

Time taken: 11.32 hours

Distance: 21.4 km

Ascent: 2003m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

First time in Glen Etive and it was stunning :D , was going to attempt the five munro's but due to the extreme heat and glaring sun i opted to do three. Hard slog as the car was at sea level and with no real walk in i used energy gels in abundance to ge the boost up the slopes of Ben Starav. I got an uneasy feeling on the scrambling section of Starav, unsure why but my body and mind kept getting drawn to the to massive drop on the left corrie. Forgot to take suncream and paid the price for it, ran out of water and had to come off the main ridge to get to a burn flowing fast with snow melt. Good day out, burnt, tired, legs shot with fatigue but massive smiles :lol:
flipside
Wanderer

Munros:235   Corbetts:2
Fionas:6   Donalds:18
Sub 2000:33   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:18   Islands:23

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland