walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Dementors at the Glenfinnan Munros

Dementors at the Glenfinnan Munros

by Mountainlove » Thu May 29, 2014 2:35 pm

Route description: Sgùrr Thuilm and Sgùrr nan Coireachan

Munros included on this walk: Sgùrr nan Coireachan (Glenfinnan), Sgùrr Thuilm

Date walked: 24/05/2014

Time taken: 8.5 hours

Distance: 20 km

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Dementors at the Glenfinnan Munros

Postby jmarkb » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:18 am

exiledparsfan wrote: Where did you park btw, sounds like I'll need to get there early! Cheers

I don't think you'ld have many problems other than on a sunny Bank Holiday weekend! In extremis you can shell out £2 to park at the visitor centre.
jmarkb
Mountaineer

Munros:246   Corbetts:105
Fionas:91   Donalds:32
Sub 2000:46   

Postby Mountainlove » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:43 pm

exiledparsfan wrote:Great report and love the photos! I'm doing these two next week on my way thru to Strathan. Where did you park btw, sounds like I'll need to get there early! Cheers

The visitor center would be an idea, but I was told to park next to the small kerb across from the main parking bit. It is not obvious when there are no cars parked, but it would probably fit an additional 3 cars without blocking anyone's path.
Mountainlove
Munro compleatist

Munros:88   Corbetts:54
Fionas:7   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:10

Postby old danensian » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:38 pm

Last September I snatched a quick 24 hours away to do these two - setting off late and taking the tent to just stop where I needed.

It's the only Munro trip I've done since joining WH that I haven't bothered doing a report on - it was all you describe - and worse.

As it got gloomier, darker and wetter I searched for somewhere to pitch the tent. I wasn't looking for "dry" - just somewhere vaguely flat and not "flowing" would have done. I was back in the glen when I found somewhere.

There are some you just have to endure.

OD
old danensian

Munros:282   Corbetts:101
Donalds:9
Hewitts:107
Wainwrights:151   

8 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland