walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Innerdownie leg stretcher

Innerdownie leg stretcher

Postby Ian Bayne » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:40 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Innerdouny Hill

Date walked: 15/06/2014

Time taken: 2.5 hours

Distance: 10 km

Ascent: 400m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

A wee hill before Skye next weekend Just me and the dug Ground still drookit after the previous nights rain and low cloud . Started at Glensherup car park at 0630 and got onto the GlenQuey reservoir track and took a slow daddle through the woods till I reached the Y junction of streams as you leave the woods on the right . Then headed up the hill once you get to the deer fence cross over the stile and turn right and head up the hill untill you get to the cairn on the right 0800hrs .
I was going onto white wisp down to the maidens well then along the glenquey reservoir road then back to glensherup but withe the low cloud and only bringing my map I decided to head back . I headed down the hill past the stile and continued following the wood untill you get to a gate then the mud fest through the woods then onto the track then head back to the start time 0900hrs . No beer still to early . Method in my madness in starting early Vintage car sow at Lathlamond perfect day.
Attachments
002.JPG
017.JPG
pace for the day
004.JPG
Glensherup reservoir
015.JPG
route up
007.JPG
009.JPG
012.JPG
mudfest
013.JPG
gate
020.JPG
053.JPG
031.JPG
Ian Bayne
Mountain Walker

Munros:184   Corbetts:39
Grahams:13   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:12   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland