walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

the buachaille at last and new friends

the buachaille at last and new friends

Postby peter@caltonathletic » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:00 pm

Route description: Buachaille Etive Mòr

Munros included on this walk: Stob Dearg (Buachaille Etive Mòr), Stob na Bròige (Buachaille Etive Mòr)

Date walked: 30/06/2014

Time taken: 7 hours

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Alwright my fellow walkers it's been a long time and a lot of munros since my last report and anybody who has read my reports before will know I'm not the most computer literate person in the world(caveman) but hope I've got the hang of putting photos on the walkhighlands web site so here goes.

I started off from the pot hole riddled little car park next to the cottages at 8.15.I followed the path to the right up the gully of the Buachaille ,I was about an hour into the walk when I met a great wee guy by the name of Ali John, he was from the Phillipenes but was now living with his wife and kids in Sunderland. He was telling me he always wanted to come up to Scotland and do some Munros as he has walked in the lake district and Wales. He had chosen the iconic Buachaille for his first mountain in Scotland to conquer. I then told him it has taking me 3yrs to get round to do this, so we both walked up talking about life and the passion we both had for Scotlands beautiful landscape. We got to Stob Dearg at about 10.30 and the views were magnificent I thought it would be a lot tougher than it was but talking all the way helps, as we descended towards the ridge Ali John sats he had to be back in Sunderland by tea time so I wished all the best and he went on his way back.

I carried on myself to Stob na Broige and got to the top about 12.10 sat and had some lunch for about 20 mins then headed back.I bumped into a great girl called Katrina and got talking to her in the way down and as the same with Ali John before you know it you're back at the car.

The Buachaille is one of the hills I have always dreamed of doing and meeting these two people with both great life stories and both with a great passion for hill walking just made it a great day and hope to see them again on the hills (hope these photos download if not sorry)
peter@caltonathletic
Mountain Walker

Munros:153   Corbetts:1

Re: the buachaille at last and new friends

Postby AnnieMacD » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:18 pm

Great report and your excitement is infectious!

(No photies I'm afraid!) :(
AnnieMacD
Mountaineer

Munros:25   Corbetts:15
Fionas:13   
Sub 2000:8   

Postby cmarcol » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:40 pm

peter@caltonathletic wrote:The Buachaille is one of the hills I have always dreamed of doing and meeting these two people with both great life stories and both with a great passion for hill walking just made it a great day and hope to see them again on the hills (hope these photos download if not sorry)

And a fantastic day you got for it! Was a pleasure to meet you and it certainly made that painful descent a little easier! Will maybe try and post my photos later on.

Agree with Annie ^^^ very infectious.

See you in the hills.

Cat
cmarcol
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:22
Fionas:6   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:6   

Postby Fife Flyer » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:49 pm

Hi Peter, nice little story (with nae foto's :lol: :lol: )
One of the joys of hill walking is meeting up with like minded folk, that may one of the reasons my walks take too long, as I talk to everyone & anyone :lol:
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist

Munros:272   Corbetts:58
Fionas:39   Donalds:89+33
Sub 2000:130   Hewitts:2
Islands:5

Postby dooterbang » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:12 pm

Nice one Peter, looks a good walk that way...I've still to ascend from the gully!

Was wondering where you had been, hope all is well.

I think you'll find how to upload photos on other pages via the forum.
dooterbang
Munro compleatist

Munros:262   Corbetts:58
Fionas:18   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:10   Hewitts:18
Wainwrights:21   Islands:19

Postby peter@caltonathletic » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:07 pm

cheers for the comments guy's. Sorry about photos gonae take a full weekend to try and master it. I've still been about just not wrote any posts (photos again) most memorable of lately was the glen shiel ridge great day with Donny and fabulous you guessed it photos! just gave up after 3hrs trying to load them :lol: but hopefully get them up eventually. Progress is slow but worth while haha!
peter@caltonathletic
Mountain Walker

Munros:153   Corbetts:1

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland