walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A day in the wilderness, 4 from Inverey

A day in the wilderness, 4 from Inverey

by spiderwebb » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:35 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Iutharn Mhòr, Càrn an Rìgh, Càrn Bhac, Glas Tulaichean

Date walked: 29/06/2014

Time taken: 10.5 hours

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: A day in the wilderness, 4 from Inverey

Postby electricfly » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:10 am

Congratulations on hitting 200 Dave! :D

Shona and I did a similar route minus Tulaichean a couple of weeks back and were amazed at the array of wildlife in abundance. Even got graced with a white tailed sea eagle as we strode along the Lutharn mhor ridge.

You could have skipped Tulaichean and cycled to it's summit from Spittal of Glen Shee another day! :lol:
electricfly

Munros:282   Corbetts:34
Fionas:10   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:26
Wainwrights:45   

Postby spiderwebb » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:01 am

electricfly wrote:Congratulations on hitting 200 Dave! :D

Shona and I did a similar route minus Tulaichean a couple of weeks back and were amazed at the array of wildlife in abundance. Even got graced with a white tailed sea eagle as we strode along the Lutharn mhor ridge.

You could have skipped Tulaichean and cycled to it's summit from Spittal of Glen Shee another day! :lol:

Cheers EF, Sea Eagle....wow. As for cycling to the summit hah that made me laugh, I'll need one of Fi's special saddles first and a spare pair of legs, and a massage on the nether regions for days after.....mmm there's a thought :lol: :lol:
spiderwebb
Munro compleatist

Munros:97   Corbetts:15
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Hewitts:108
Wainwrights:68   

Postby AnnieMacD » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:31 pm

Enjoy your writing - always a dose of humour in there! As for the saddle sores, I reckon I need one of Fi's saddles too. I just thought I would get used my saddle - maybe not.

I'll never get to these hills so thanks for sharing.
AnnieMacD
Mountaineer

Munros:25   Corbetts:15
Fionas:13   
Sub 2000:8   

Postby spiderwebb » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:10 am

AnnieMacD wrote:Enjoy your writing - always a dose of humour in there! As for the saddle sores, I reckon I need one of Fi's saddles too. I just thought I would get used my saddle - maybe not.

I'll never get to these hills so thanks for sharing.

Many thanks for your kind words. But you never know you may get to these one day, we all have some to which we may never return, but can always hope :D
spiderwebb
Munro compleatist

Postby Jim McK » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:36 am

Thanks for your great write up Spiderwebb. I was going to to do these in 2 pairs until I read your report. I followed your route on Wednesday this week and enjoyed the long day in the hills!
Jim McK
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:17
Fionas:6   Donalds:11
Islands:15

Postby spiderwebb » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:39 pm

Glad you enjoyed it Jim McK, it sometimes pays to look for alternatives :D
spiderwebb
Munro compleatist

9 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland