walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A Quiet Saturday on Beinn Eighe - NOT!

A Quiet Saturday on Beinn Eighe - NOT!

by AnnieMacD » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:39 pm

Route description: Beinn Eighe (western summits)

Munros included on this walk: Ruadh-stac Mòr (Beinn Eighe), Spidean Coire nan Clach (Beinn Eighe)

Date walked: 28/06/2014

Time taken: 11.33 hours

Distance: 18.5 km

Ascent: 1396m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: A Quiet Saturday on Beinn Eighe - NOT!

Postby AnnieMacD » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:56 pm

Thanks all - this is such a great hill I'm going back to do Coinneach Mhor and Sail Mor - unfinished business. I'm afraid I don't have the stamina to do the whole ridge in one go!

Alteknacker wrote:Seriously: do you have a high quality camera, as the quality of the pix suggests; or is it something more basic? (mine's a Canon Powershot A810) - about as basic as it gets!

I have more than one camera I use - the smaller and lighter on one is a Canon 100D and the one I had on Beinn Eighe is a Canon 6D and I generally use a 24-70mm lens. (This is the combo that went careering down the slopes of Belig - the lens was a write off but the camera was virtually unharmed except for a few knocks). But I think the main thing that affects photos is that I shoot RAW and then develop the photos using Lightroom. If you shoot JPEGs the camera does the processing internally and then you don't have as much flexibility to reproduce what you saw. However, there is a penalty for using a DSLR - my camera bag weighs 2kg :shock:

dogplodder wrote:All your photos are good and Beinn Eighe is a stunning mountain but the one I like the best is the one you took on the way home! :lol:

Thanks - that was luck as the light was just amazing in the evening.
AnnieMacD
Mountaineer

Munros:25   Corbetts:15
Fionas:13   
Sub 2000:8   

Postby scottishkennyg » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:16 am

Top TR Annie, excellent photos and I'm sure you could enter for next years race.. :clap:
scottishkennyg

Munros:282   

Postby JimboJim » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:29 pm

Super report Annie.
JimboJim
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:55
Fionas:15   
Sub 2000:24   
Islands:22
Walk wish-list

10 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland