walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Cruachan take 2 (ladies)

Ben Cruachan take 2 (ladies)

by Fife Flyer » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:26 pm

Route description: Ben Cruachan and Stob Daimh

Munros included on this walk: Ben Cruachan, Stob Daimh

Date walked: 11/07/2014

Time taken: 7.3 hours

Distance: 14 km

Ascent: 1380m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Ben Cruachan take 2 (ladies)

Postby GillC » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:19 am

Fab pics and a great report there Martin. I have no memories of my trip up Cruachan as it was clagged in from ground level so will be taking it in again when I do its neighbour. Hoping for some views this time lol Well done and enjoy Nethy Bridge :clap:
GillC
Munro compleatist

Munros:64   Corbetts:50
Fionas:32   Donalds:30
Sub 2000:22   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   Islands:22

Postby Fife Flyer » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:05 pm

kmai1961 wrote:I fully expected to find ticks everywhere on me after hacking through the bracken -- and did more than one thorough check -- but surprisingly (and happily) found none.

I manfully exterminated them with my killer poles to protect you ladies (I wish) :lol:
I haven't been that warm for quite a while, the jungle certainly absorbed & retained the heat :lol:

Thanks for all the kind comments, the money is in the post :wink:
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist

Munros:272   Corbetts:58
Fionas:39   Donalds:89+33
Sub 2000:134   Hewitts:2
Islands:5

Postby cmarcol » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:31 pm

Fife Flyer wrote:I manfully exterminated them with my killer poles to protect you ladies (I wish) :lol:

I'm saying nothing!

Maybe they could smell my manky foot coming from the dam! :crazy:
cmarcol
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:22
Fionas:6   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:6   

Postby GillC » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:08 am

Hey Martin,

Did you follow the WH route for this? I've done Cruachan a few years back but not SD, so was pondering doing it as a solo but think I might be as well doing the whole route, (Considering visibility was about 3ft last time I was there lol) Cheers

G
GillC
Munro compleatist

Postby Fife Flyer » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:47 am

GillC wrote:Hey Martin, Did you follow the WH route for this? I've done Cruachan a few years back but not SD, so was pondering doing it as a solo but think I might be as well doing the whole route, (Considering visibility was about 3ft last time I was there lol) Cheers G

We followed the WH route until the descent off Stob Diamh, the path kind of disappeared so we kind of improvised as us walkers do :wink:
You could be adventurous and try going in the opposite direction and if you feel OK do the full circuit 8)
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist

Munros:272   Corbetts:58
Fionas:39   Donalds:89+33
Sub 2000:134   Hewitts:2
Islands:5

Postby GillC » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:13 am

Fife Flyer wrote:
GillC wrote:Hey Martin, Did you follow the WH route for this? I've done Cruachan a few years back but not SD, so was pondering doing it as a solo but think I might be as well doing the whole route, (Considering visibility was about 3ft last time I was there lol) Cheers G

We followed the WH route until the descent off Stob Diamh, the path kind of disappeared so we kind of improvised as us walkers do :wink:
You could be adventurous and try going in the opposite direction and if you feel OK do the full circuit 8)

Oh im always adventurous,,just not always successful lol snow forecast in the area before the weekend,,,waiting for Derek Wardlaw to feed back on how it is today, as hes up there,,,decision pending,,just want to do SOMETHING! lol (be solo prob,,so need to be uber sure of conditions)

Thanks Martin
GillC
Munro compleatist

8 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland