walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Nevis by Carn Mor Dearg

Nevis by Carn Mor Dearg

Postby Louise993 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:25 am

Munros included on this walk: Ben Nevis, Carn Mor Dearg

Date walked: 29/05/2014

Time taken: 8.5 hours

Distance: 16.5 km

Ascent: 1516m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Another cracking day .

Jim, Murray and I headed off to do "the big yin" by the alternative route ( up Carn Mor Dearg)

Cracking day , relatively easy day compared to other summits. A little exposure but nothing to shady although as evident across the rocks i dont think i would be attempting this in the winter even with crampons on :shock: !!!

Weather was a little over cast , no views as such and lots of snow on the top of the big yin .....and lots, and lots of people ! ( ABSALUTELY DISGRACED BY THE STATE OF THE SHELTER UP THERE !!! FULL OF S****)

Jim and I had a great lengthy skyte down the "big yin" , lots of fun . ( I just hope the children behind us who took our example stopped before they got to the waterfall too :shock: )

Murray decided to sprint down the mountain and wait an hour for the us at the bottom....we had the car keys :clap:

Good day out which seems to be a lovely annual event with the boys, a few sherbits that evening for Jim Birthday ...in the legion in fort Augustus , cracking juke box :-P
Accommodation was top notch too ( cheers for giving up your bed Jim , you are a true gent :wink: )

Oh and a cracking fry-up in the morning courtesy of Bri :-D
Set me up good and proper for my drive up to Skye ...adventure to be con't .....
Attachments

Move_2014_05_29_09_25_40_Mountaineering.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Louise993
Walker

Munros:204   Corbetts:6
Grahams:1   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:5   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is now advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland