walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

CCP - Bridge 1 mile north of Loch Ordie

CCP - Bridge 1 mile north of Loch Ordie

Postby Gordie12 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:52 pm

Date walked: 01/08/2014

Time taken: 3.5 hours

Distance: 20.8 km

Ascent: 311m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

The forecast today seemed to show that the higher hills would be clag bound all day so bit the bullet and decided to do some easy track walking at my old haunt of Dunkeld and Loch Ordie.

Left the car park at 7.15am having tried to keep the noise down so as not to wake the sleeping mobile home residents. This car park seems to have become very popular over the last year or so, no idea why, maybe the price of stopping in camp sites is increasing.

Anyway it was completely still this morning, similar to last Friday but about 15 degrees cooler which was nice. Another attempt to walk in a pair of approach shoes and after about 4 miles I could feel a little bit of discomfort coming from my left heel.

Arrived at the half way point of the bridge in good time and turned and headed straight back for the car park. Pace seemed pretty good and even although the heel was sore it's amazing how light my feet feel when I have the approach shoes on.

Got back to the car in 3hrs 21mins and was stopped for 6 mins so around 10 minutes faster than my times when this was my standard bad weather walk back in January. Was surprised to see I had averaged 3.8 miles per hour as I'm usually around the 3.6 mark for these tracks, probably down to the lighter footwear with the blister holding me back just a little bit.

Took the socks off in the car park, just as well the forecast for the weekend is pants, the heel is shredded. Think these shoes have just had their last chance.
Gordie12
Wanderer

Munros:114   Corbetts:65
Fionas:30   Donalds:38+0
Sub 2000:35   Hewitts:37
Wainwrights:32   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland