walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ladhar Bheinn circular from Inverie

Ladhar Bheinn circular from Inverie

by Old Bill » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:25 pm

Route description: Ladhar Bheinn from Inverie, Knoydart

Munros included on this walk: Ladhar Bheinn

Date walked: 05/05/2014

Time taken: 11.5 hours

Distance: 25 km

Ascent: 1638m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Ladhar Bheinn circular from Inverie

Postby Old Bill » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:01 pm

Thanks Peace-Lover. You'd love the peace & quiet up there I'm sure!

Hopefully you're tempted! :-)
Old Bill
Mountaineer

Munros:51   Corbetts:3
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:9
Wainwrights:10   

Postby Old Bill » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:06 pm

AnnieMacD wrote:I do believe you are right in that it's Sandaig (Knoydart). I had only heard of the 'other' Sandaig (near Glenelg) and I thought "Impossible" but then got the map out. I'm guessing that you were so far down that you can't see Sleat at all. I had a ruler and the maps out all over the floor trying to figure it out! It's a great photo too.

Haha - I was doing something similar but online! It would have been so much easier just to check at the time! I do that so often though... take a photo of something and say to myself I'll work out what it is later, but then a month later trying to figure what hill was roughly 5 miles away or thereabouts and roughly SE-ish and where the hell did I take the photo anyways?! I just admit now "that I have no idea what it is, but isn't it a nice view!" hehe
Old Bill
Mountaineer

Munros:51   Corbetts:3
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:9
Wainwrights:10   

Postby Roundfella » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:10 pm

Hi Oldbill - great report!

Your mystery photo shows the Isle of Rum, seen over the west end of Inverie Bay, not Sandaig Bay. The lump of land in the foreground on the left is Rubha Raonuill.

The flattening effect of a telephoto lens makes Rum look nearer than it actually is.

Cheers!
Roundfella

Postby Mal Grey » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:04 pm

Great report. I was highly amused by your account of the snorers, reminded me of a night in Achininver Youth Hostel 20+ years ago.

I think the hills in the background of the "mystery view" photo are the Cuillin of Rum, and the bay is that in front of Glaschoille House, looking through the gap between Rubha Raonuill and Creagan Dearga.
Mal Grey
Wanderer

Munros:110   Corbetts:20
Grahams:9   
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:113
Wainwrights:71   Islands:5
Location: Surrey, probably in a canoe! www.wildernessisastateofmind.co.uk

14 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).
Previous

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland