walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

My 1st Munro ! Ben Vorlich , Loch Earn

My 1st Munro ! Ben Vorlich , Loch Earn

by steven65 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:40 pm

Route description: Ben Vorlich and Stùc a' Chròin

Munros included on this walk: Ben Vorlich (Loch Earn)

Date walked: 24/04/2010

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 10 km

Ascent: 985m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: My 1st Munro ! Ben Vorlich , Loch Earn

Postby houdi » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:37 pm

Pleased you cleared that up about the big cairn thing being on Dumyat. I 've done Vorlich twice and thought I'd missed something somewhere. Congrats on your first munro. It doesn't matter when you start in life. I only started doing munros three years ago and I've clocked up 55 (plus I've done some of them several times over) and I live in Devon. Now you've got the bug you won't be able to stop.
houdi
Rambler

Munros:93   Corbetts:1
Fionas:3   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:74
Wainwrights:48   

Re: My 1st Munro ! Ben Vorlich , Loch Earn

Postby steven65 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:40 pm

Good effort houdi - that`s a fair old trip up here before you get your boots on ! even more so from now with crazy fuel costs :(

:lol: LOL good point Chris , but hey - we live in Scotland only wrong clothes , not wrong weather.

2 dalamtions ,i`m thoroughly enjoying each hill experience i have- going up to Glencoe on Friday & somewhere else on Saturday , not decided where yet . But Oskar will be coming along as usual.

hi smirnie , a wee bit effort does give a huge personal sense of satisfaction :D , and again well done to ALL who don`t have the good fortune to live locally here in Scotland . Many of us i`m sure wouldn`t appreciate a slog up & down the M6 every time to bag a munro .
steven65
Mountain Walker

Munros:262   Corbetts:3
Fionas:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:2   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland