walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

taking the dog for a walk in the park

taking the dog for a walk in the park

by litljortindan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:09 pm

Route description: Sgòr Gaoith, from Glen Feshie

Munros included on this walk: Sgòr Gaoith

Date walked: 27/08/2014

Time taken: 7 hours

Distance: 13.5 km

Ascent: 820m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: taking the dog for a walk in the park

Postby litljortindan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:50 am

Beaner001 wrote:Lovely read mate, your dog will have indeed been looking at you and loving every minute of being out with you on the hill. Keep enjoying every minute like it's the last, thanks for posting this report :clap:

Thanks. I suppose if my wife hadn't ambushed me so early in the morning I wouldn't have taken the dog but I'm glad she did.
litljortindan
Ambler

Munros:153   Corbetts:67
Fionas:29   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:47   Hewitts:12
Wainwrights:10   

Postby grantrobertson » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:27 pm

Lovely and touching post! What a fabulous wee spaniel she is, captured in such an amazing mountain setting. Your pictures brought tears to my eyes also as it took me back to a brilliant day I had on exactly the same route some years ago with my cocker, Struan. Oh what these hills and these dogs mean to us!
grantrobertson
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:100
Fionas:33   Donalds:16
Sub 2000:40   

Postby litljortindan » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:31 pm

grantrobertson wrote:Lovely and touching post! What a fabulous wee spaniel she is, captured in such an amazing mountain setting. Your pictures brought tears to my eyes also as it took me back to a brilliant day I had on exactly the same route some years ago with my cocker, Struan. Oh what these hills and these dogs mean to us!

Thanks. She's gone now but probably with us in spirit somewhere knowing her. First met her at a friend's flat where she was supposed to be confined to quarters in another room but managed to get through two closed doors to introduce herself at a time when my wife just happened to be interested in getting a dog and so one thing led to another as the previous owner was looking for a new home for her.
litljortindan
Ambler

Postby sarahejones » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:59 am

So sorry to read that Bracken has gone, but it's great she got those last few years with you and your wife.

Those pictures up on the top with her are stunning. My family have similar pictures with all our dogs, past and present and it's a great reminder of the wonderful moments they give us.

I'm sure she's climbing mountains wherever she is now, though I bet it's a tad sunnier, and there's a big bowl of chicken at the summit.
sarahejones
Munro compleatist

Munros:9   

Postby Huff_n_Puff » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:16 pm

Sorry to hear Bracken has gone, but thank you for sharing this wonderful walk with us - it's great to have had such idyllic times with her.
Huff_n_Puff
Walker

Munros:278   Corbetts:20
Fionas:10   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:19   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   Islands:19

Postby litljortindan » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:57 pm

sarahejones wrote:So sorry to read that Bracken has gone, but it's great she got those last few years with you and your wife.

Those pictures up on the top with her are stunning. My family have similar pictures with all our dogs, past and present and it's a great reminder of the wonderful moments they give us.

I'm sure she's climbing mountains wherever she is now, though I bet it's a tad sunnier, and there's a big bowl of chicken at the summit.

Thanks. Hope you have many more great walks with Peggy.
litljortindan
Ambler

Postby litljortindan » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:04 pm

Huff_n_Puff wrote:Sorry to hear Bracken has gone, but thank you for sharing this wonderful walk with us - it's great to have had such idyllic times with her.

I'm missing her gently prodding her nose onto my nose in the morning to wake me up. I'd ask my wife to do it instead but I don't think it'd be the same. She was ours and we were hers. Hope you have many more dog walks ahead.
litljortindan
Ambler

Postby Sarah86 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:06 pm

I am so sorry to hear Bracken is gone, I know it wont be easy but I hope you can find some comfort in the memories you have of her
Sarah86
Mountaineer

Munros:18   Corbetts:8
Fionas:2   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:20   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:20   

Postby litljortindan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:11 pm

Sarah86 wrote:I am so sorry to hear Bracken is gone, I know it wont be easy but I hope you can find some comfort in the memories you have of her

Thanks Sarah. Miss her a lot. Jill's dog really as she did almost all of the walking and feeding. Ashes in the garden under the appropriately named "Carefree Days" rosebush.
litljortindan
Ambler

9 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland