walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ha! Ben Nevis via the CMD arete

Ha! Ben Nevis via the CMD arete

by Silverhill » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:23 pm

Route description: Ben Nevis by the Càrn Mòr Dearg Arête

Munros included on this walk: Ben Nevis, Càrn Mòr Dearg

Date walked: 31/05/2014

Time taken: 8.5 hours

Distance: 17.1 km

Ascent: 1544m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Ha! Ben Nevis via the CMD arete

Postby litljortindan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:21 am

Looks like you got a great day for it. Don't often see a picture of Ben Nevis that looks like it hasn't been taken before but your one looking along the buttresses give it a fresh look. Certainly captures the scale and drama.
litljortindan
Ambler

Munros:156   Corbetts:67
Fionas:29   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:47   Hewitts:12
Wainwrights:10   

Postby Silverhill » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:50 pm

Thanks litljortindan, that is very kind! :D It is not exactly difficult to snap dramatic pictures of this mountain. I just pointed the camera....
Silverhill

Munros:282   Corbetts:27
Fionas:8   Donalds:42
Sub 2000:28   

Postby The Rodmiester » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:05 am

Now that's a cracker! Great report, I must follow this route when I ever get to do it, looks amazing :D Thanks for posting Silverhills :D Now I know you were dawdling but you never took THAT LONG and I'm sure you claimed a bit more than 8m. :lol: :lol: Better change that and that will improve your stats for the year greatly. It's easily done as I had to change a recent report from a seven metre ascent :lol: :lol:
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby Silverhill » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:06 pm

The Rodmiester wrote:Now that's a cracker! Great report, I must follow this route when I ever get to do it, looks amazing :D Thanks for posting Silverhills :D Now I know you were dawdling but you never took THAT LONG and I'm sure you claimed a bit more than 8m. :lol: :lol: Better change that and that will improve your stats for the year greatly. It's easily done as I had to change a recent report from a seven metre ascent :lol: :lol:

Thanks Rodmiester! When you go back to these, save them for a good day, the CMD arête is worth it! :D
Haha, I hadn’t even noticed the mistake (swapped height and time taken). That’s now been changed.
Silverhill

Munros:282   Corbetts:27
Fionas:8   Donalds:42
Sub 2000:28   

5 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland