walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Ime

Beinn Ime

Postby Benedict » Sun May 02, 2010 4:11 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Ìme

Date walked: 01/05/2010

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 18 km

Ascent: 1011m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Another train to Arrochar and Tarbet began another walk in the Loch Lomond area accompanied by my flatmate Angus and Ray (both from Chabhair). This was probably my favourite hill so far, although unfortunately there was a lot of fog, not allowing us a great view from the top. We followed the same path from the train station, then, once getting to Arrochar, up the path which leads to The Cobbler. A very busy day, there were a lot of walkers around, we saw many heading down from The Cobbler and Beinn Narnain on our descent from Ime. The walk up to the top is very straightforward, with a good path all the way, although we'll definitely have to go again in better weather, as I'm sure the view from the top is spectacular. Once we got down 200m or so from the top, the weather did begin to clear and offered some brilliant views, of which I will put the photos up soon. Today we all went the highest we'd been under our own leg power, and it's honestly been the most enjoyable walk so far, the perfect way to celebrate the end of 2nd year lectures I think :)

Ben
Benedict
Munro compleatist

Munros:7   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   

Re: Beinn Ime

Postby mountain coward » Sun May 02, 2010 4:13 pm

I'm wondering whether the summit of Beinn Ime has ever been seen from ground level?! Both times I've been up it I've seen nothing - and now you too - shame really...
mountain coward

Postby audreywaugh » Mon May 03, 2010 7:08 pm

Top of Beinn Ime yesterday, we caught the bus up to Arrochar and took a wander up Narnain from the bealach just to get out and stretch the legs. Was supposed to be sunshine and clouds, instead we had rain, sleet, snow then hail and after all of that glorious sunshine! First time I've seen Ime from that angle every other time been in cloud. Was a very busy day on the hills around here, like watching wee ants heading up the Cobbler which seemed to be the most popular hill of the day.
Attachments
scotts bendonich 021.jpg
Beinn Ime 5 mins after a hail shower
audreywaugh
Wanderer

Munros:196   Corbetts:46
Fionas:14   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:25   Hewitts:48
Wainwrights:47   Islands:20

Postby Benedict » Fri May 07, 2010 1:41 am

Aye, a bit of a shame, but we can always do it another day, and a really good walk regardless. :)
Benedict
Munro compleatist

Munros:7   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   

Postby mountain coward » Fri May 07, 2010 2:20 am

Ah so that's what it looks like and we didn't imagine those 2 summits! :lol:
mountain coward

Postby Milesy » Fri May 07, 2010 8:49 pm

Last twice I have been up Beinn Ime it has been brilliant weather. End of last summer and this winter,

DCP_2785 (Large).jpg

P3060021.jpg
Milesy
Stravaiging

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland