walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Arran- A little piece of heaven!

Arran- A little piece of heaven!

Postby Sick Kid » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:46 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn Tarsuinn, Caisteal Abhail, Cìr Mhòr, Goat Fell

Date walked: 30/08/2014

Distance: 26.1 km

Ascent: 2153m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

As if I didn't already love Arran, but after this fantastic traverse and being in amongst the wildest parts of the island I love it even more!!!! :D
It was a fairly long day but it was so worth it! A weird and wonderful landscape awaits you, hidden from view on the coastal roads round Arran. Giant boulders and pointy peaks that look pre-historic, with all sorts of weird and wonderful shapes sculpted out of the rock, I would highly recommend it to everyone!
My only regret was that we didn't have more time to spend on the island but it's not going anywhere and I will most definitely be back again.... :D :D :D
Sick Kid
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+50
Sub 2000:364   Hewitts:26
Wainwrights:13   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland