walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

May Day Stroll

May Day Stroll

Postby chaserjay » Mon May 03, 2010 5:39 pm

Route description: Meall Fuar-mhonaidh, near Drumnadrochit

Fionas included on this walk: Meall Fuar-mhonaidh

Date walked: 01/05/2010

Time taken: 4 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Meall Fuar-mhonaid, A third time for me. I had originally pencilled in the Inn Pin, but could not get interested party ( except my son Lewis) or interested guide. Although it's all fine as my nephew, John, and his wife, who are keen French Alp climbers and are visiting later on in the year and will be looking to do a classic, so will hopefully fit in the Inn Pin then, (and anyone reading this interested give me a call).
IMGP1757.JPG
The first Hurdle

Anyway back to the, Meall Fuar-mhonaid, or The Bun (am I right with that? . It was very cold May Ist , although sweat did break, reminding me that I want to invest in some new dry wick tops. The walk was with old friends and new, and great company it all was too.
IMGP1775.JPG
The Right Hat

I am someone who that has liked to walk alone and walk with friends, but with friends there are many problems of the world discussed and sometimes even solved. The big subject was probably the General Election that falls on May 6th, and I repeatedly stated my pending appearance in a national TV debate .......audience..... in Edinburgh. ( Post script- my hand was up, but never got asking my question.) Other big subjects were apathy, sandwiches, phantom limbs, irish civil war and shark infested custard, oh and me. I like talking about me as do others I'm sure.
This was my third go on this hill, and my previous experiences were earlier and later than May 1st, but late and early winter and I remember both on occasions being a lot warmer than was the icy air of this jaunt.
IMGP1776.JPG
Taking Off

Happy Days
Attachments
IMGP1767.JPG
Loch Ness In the Distance
chaserjay
Munro compleatist

Munros:41   

Re: May Day Stroll

Postby kerrera » Mon May 03, 2010 8:30 pm

chaserjay wrote:I am someone who that has liked to walk alone and walk with friends, but with friends there are many problems of the world discussed and sometimes even solved.

Great report. I think the problems that are solved aren't yours. Nice wellies.
kerrera
Scrambler

Munros:45   Corbetts:14
Sub 2000:19   

Postby chaserjay » Mon May 03, 2010 8:38 pm

Hi Kerrera,
Of course your right,
The wellie wearer was a new friend, therefore I said nothing!

John
chaserjay
Munro compleatist

Postby kerrera » Mon May 03, 2010 8:41 pm

chaserjay wrote:Hi Kerrera,
Of course your right,
The wellie wearer was a new friend, therefore I said nothing!

John

Oops, I thought it was you with the wellies. I noticed you came from Grantown on Spey and thought they'd dragged you up the hills while you were fishing just above the old bridge.
kerrera
Scrambler

Munros:45   Corbetts:14
Sub 2000:19   

Postby chaserjay » Mon May 03, 2010 8:48 pm

Wellies they are wonderful
Wellies they are swell
They keep oot the water
They keep in the smell
but when you sit doon furra piece
You can always tell
When some bugger takes aff thir wellies.

I prefer the boots!
chaserjay
Munro compleatist

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland