walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Alder Adventures

Alder Adventures

by Silverhill » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:08 pm

Munros included on this walk: Aonach Beag (Alder), Beinn a' Chlachair, Beinn Bheoil, Beinn Èibhinn, Ben Alder, Càrn Dearg (Loch Pattack), Creag Pitridh, Geal chàrn (Laggan), Geal-chàrn (Alder)

Date walked: 04/06/2014

Time taken: 28.5 hours

Distance: 72 km

Ascent: 4049m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Alder Adventures

Postby dogplodder » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:39 am

Found that a gripping read - great way to claim your century with the oatcakes. A bit scary about the navigation but you kept your wits about you and got it sorted. :wink:
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:25   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

Re: Alder Adventures

Postby Silverhill » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:39 pm

spiderwebb wrote:Well done reaching the 100, next stop the halfway mark :D Love that beach, sat there a few times, given these hills took a few attempts :lol: Compass and mind never seem to work in synch do they ? But we know which is right, I've used mine on occasion to confirm against GPS, as I trust the compass above all else.
Great walk, report and pics, shame about the clag, best wishes for the next milestone :D

Thanks spiderwebb! Compass is best! Where are those hills again that make your compass go haywire? Just so I know when to trust something else. :lol:
The next milestone is not that far off, closely followed by number 150. I quite like all these little celebrations!

dogplodder wrote:Found that a gripping read - great way to claim your century with the oatcakes. A bit scary about the navigation but you kept your wits about you and got it sorted. :wink:

Thanks dogplodder! I celebrated with peanut butter on oatcakes. Apart from its silencing properties :lol: , it’s an excellent combo, taste and fuel wise.
Silverhill

Munros:282   Corbetts:27
Fionas:7   Donalds:42
Sub 2000:28   

6 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland