walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A touch of Heaven after a day of purgatory.

A touch of Heaven after a day of purgatory.

by jepsonscotland » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:32 pm

Munros included on this walk: An Coileachan, Beinn Liath Mhòr Fannaich, Meall a' Chrasgaidh, Meall Gorm, Sgùrr Mòr, Sgùrr nan Clach Geala, Sgùrr nan Each

Date walked: 18/09/2014

Time taken: 18 hours

Distance: 44 km

Ascent: 2726m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: A touch of Heaven after a day of purgatory.

Postby Flump » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:07 pm

jepsonscotland wrote:Thank you all for your kind comments. We were very, very lucky. I crack a beaming smile just thinking about it. 8)
All credit to Andy (Flump) for the photos. :D
I really must get a decent camera, maybe a Sony, as suggested recently. :wink: (thanks ML)
Cheers
Chris

I have the Sony RX100, pretty good for a compact camera. I got it January last year but still haven't bothered to learn any of the settings, I think everything is at default. :D
There's also a RX100 v2 and v3 out now, although I'm unsure what changes they've made.

:)
Flump

Munros:174   Corbetts:11
Fionas:12   Donalds:6
Sub 2000:11   

Postby AnnieMacD » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:24 pm

That was a great read and your photos sum it all up perfectly. Excited for you that you saw your first inversion AND brocken spectre. Glad to hear that it was worth while carrying all that weight!
AnnieMacD
Mountaineer

Munros:25   Corbetts:15
Fionas:13   
Sub 2000:8   

Postby dogplodder » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:10 am

Just once in a while we need purgatory to fully appreciate heaven. Great tale and photos to match. :D
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:25   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

Postby neilist » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:43 pm

Wow looks amazing !
neilist

Munros:135   Corbetts:16
Fionas:10   

Postby The Rodmiester » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:27 pm

That looks a fabulous trip! Good effort and some fantastic photographs to boot. Bet you will remember this one for a very long while, something to tell the family in a few years time :D
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

14 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland