walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Lomond with the Old man & Fleetwood Mac

Ben Lomond with the Old man & Fleetwood Mac

Postby MScates83 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:08 pm

Munros included on this walk: Ben Lomond

Date walked: 29/09/2014

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 12 km

Ascent: 974m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Another early start from Edinburgh this time my dad came along as we tackled Ben Lomond but only after my dad declined doing Cruach Ardrain and Beinn Tulaichean due to their 'being no path & it sounds like its a bit boggy'. :lol:

We arrived at Rowardennan 90 minutes later to a empty car park. A quick change into our gear & we set off. The weather was dry but visibility higher up looked poor & with no wind it looked like it was going to be my 4th munro in two months with no view at the top as a reward for the hard work. The path is easy to follow & even in the mist we couldn't lose it. We arrived at the summit less than two hours later with no views of Loch Lomond so we didn't hang about so we quickly set off to have our lunch down at the shore.

As the mist & fog kept the views at bay I decided to keep the camera in the car though I did manage to get a few shots from the pier at Rowardennan. After a quick lunch we headed home with Fleetwood Mac's greatest hits playing after my old man discovered how to work the media console in the car.
Attachments
IMG_2373 (690x460).jpg
IMG_2357 (690x443).jpg

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Last edited by MScates83 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MScates83
Munro compleatist

Munros:29   Corbetts:3
Donalds:1

Re: Ben Lomond with the Old man & Fleetwood Mac

Postby Silverhill » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:15 pm

I love the pictures! :D Ben Lomond was my first munro and I have good memories of it, despite doing it in similar conditions as you.
Silverhill

Munros:282   Corbetts:27
Fionas:7   Donalds:42
Sub 2000:28   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland