walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

50th Munro-Cruach Ardrain

50th Munro-Cruach Ardrain

Postby Alan S » Fri May 07, 2010 5:05 pm

Route description: Cruach Àrdrain and Beinn Tulaichean

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Tulaichean, Cruach Àrdrain

Date walked: 07/05/2010

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 12 km

Ascent: 1042m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Just me
Weather mixed with sun,rain,high winds and a wee touch of snow
5 hours inc 45 mins of stops

Decided to head here today mainly to get this area finished off as i started these hills nearly 2 years ago.
I had hoped to do something a bit more spectactular but i had put these 2 off for too long and seen as i had a days holiday and james and wullie had already done these it made sense.
Headed for cruach ardrain first and cant say i enjoyed the steep slopes as the were relentless but it was good going when i reached the ridge connecting the 2.The views had been great nearly all the way to the top but a big dirty black cloud had been chasing me from the east and it finally caught me at the summit,my bothy bag was a life saver today :) .
Got to Beinn Tulaichean in around half an hour and found this pretty easy but didnt enjoy the steep descent back to the track.
All in a good day,the views were mixed but i have seen plenty of this area now and i cant see a return here because of the steep boggy starts and my favourite road from balquidder to inverlochairig :sick:

cruach-ardrain.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Cruach Ardrain 1.JPG
Cruach Ardrain 2.JPG
Cruach Ardrain 3.JPG
Cruach Ardrain 4.JPG
Cruach Ardrain 5.JPG
Cruach Ardrain 6.JPG
Cruach Ardrain 7.JPG
Cruach Ardrain 8.JPG
Cruach Ardrain 9.JPG
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Munros:216   Corbetts:4
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   
Islands:13
Walk wish-list

Re: 50th Munro-Cruach Ardrain

Postby gammy leg walker » Fri May 07, 2010 8:02 pm

Congrats on reaching 50/51 munro"s :thumbup:
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

Re: 50th Munro-Cruach Ardrain

Postby Alan S » Fri May 07, 2010 9:18 pm

gammy leg walker wrote:Congrats on reaching 50/51 munro"s :thumbup:

Cheers,your turn next :)
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Munros:216   Corbetts:4
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   
Islands:13
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland