walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Will ye Go Lassie Go - Bros & Sunny Soul Sisters

Will ye Go Lassie Go - Bros & Sunny Soul Sisters

by dawnfoth » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:34 am

Munros included on this walk: Aonach Meadhoin, Sàileag, Sgùrr a' Bhealaich Dheirg, Sgùrr Fhuaran, Sgùrr na Càrnach, Sgùrr na Ciste Duibhe

Date walked: 13/10/2014

Time taken: 10.5 hours

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Will ye Go Lassie Go - Bros & Sunny Soul Sisters

Postby dogplodder » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:59 am

Great report - from the number of layers to keep warm in the tent to the magnificent views you got. Yes that return road walk is a bummer if you don't get a lift. My pal (male) tried to thumb a lift for 45 minutes to go and get the car to bring back but no success and then within 5 mins of me trying these guys stopped and turned their car round to take us the opposite way they were going. I'd chatted to them earlier up on the Sisters - just shows it pays to be friendly! :D
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:25   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

Postby AnnieMacD » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:57 pm

Fantastic report and achievement! I too worry about walking back to the car along the narrow, quiet roads, so try to avoid it. Great that you got a lift, though.
AnnieMacD
Mountaineer

Munros:25   Corbetts:15
Fionas:13   
Sub 2000:8   

Postby dawnfoth » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:02 pm

dogplodder wrote:Great report - from the number of layers to keep warm in the tent to the magnificent views you got. Yes that return road walk is a bummer if you don't get a lift. My pal (male) tried to thumb a lift for 45 minutes to go and get the car to bring back but no success and then within 5 mins of me trying these guys stopped and turned their car round to take us the opposite way they were going. I'd chatted to them earlier up on the Sisters - just shows it pays to be friendly! :D

Thanks dogplodder :D :lol: Brilliant! It does pay to be friendly. :D
dawnfoth
Munro compleatist

Munros:269   Corbetts:16
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:11   Islands:6

Postby dawnfoth » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:04 pm

AnnieMacD wrote:Fantastic report and achievement! I too worry about walking back to the car along the narrow, quiet roads, so try to avoid it. Great that you got a lift, though.

Thanks Annie!! I forgot it was Monday and I guess the roads would have been quieter than compared with the weekend. I was lucky! 8)
dawnfoth
Munro compleatist

Postby Emmanuelle » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:25 pm

dawnfoth wrote:
SAVAGEALICE wrote:Well done Dawn you hardcore gal! :clap: Enjoyed your report. I keep seeing pics of people camping and wondered how you keep warm at this time of year! Taking heaps of duvets definitely sounds like a good idea! Loved the bit about you singing at the top of the hill ..and why not ay?! Bet you felt great :D Love the ridge walking in Kintail ..definitely hills I would revisit :D

Thanks Alice! Hardcore...?! Me?! Mwahahaha.... total wuss - you should have seen me when the stag was stood outside my tent rutting. :lol: I was curled up in a very tight ball hoping that he wouldn't come and trample on me whilst trying not to wet myself!!! :crazy:

This is familiar - I had similar hopes and fears when I shared a field with cows last month. Very brave to do the whole ridge at this time of year and great that you got the weather. Superb :clap:
Emmanuelle
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:78
Fionas:6   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:4   
Wainwrights:1   

Postby JimboJim » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:22 am

Great walk and pictures to match. The hills really are alive with the sound of music! Keep it up and hopefully, we'll all get a listen in someday.

Jimmy
JimboJim
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:55
Fionas:15   
Sub 2000:23   
Islands:22
Walk wish-list

Postby Jock McJock » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Well done Dawn!! That's a fair old walk that! Looks like a cracker though, one that has been on my radar for a while but I never seem to get close to doing! Love the pic of the Forcan ridge. You certainly know how to wild camp too!!! :lol: :lol:
Jock McJock
Mountain Walker

Munros:173   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:1   

Postby Collaciotach » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:08 pm

They is a bonnie ridge and aye your right its a long way between the two sets .... Glé mhath agus cord ruim ... I enjoyed that :clap:
Collaciotach
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:219
Fionas:47   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:25   
Islands:28

Postby dawnfoth » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:18 pm

Emmanuelle wrote:
dawnfoth wrote:
SAVAGEALICE wrote:Well done Dawn you hardcore gal! :clap: Enjoyed your report. I keep seeing pics of people camping and wondered how you keep warm at this time of year! Taking heaps of duvets definitely sounds like a good idea! Loved the bit about you singing at the top of the hill ..and why not ay?! Bet you felt great :D Love the ridge walking in Kintail ..definitely hills I would revisit :D

Thanks Alice! Hardcore...?! Me?! Mwahahaha.... total wuss - you should have seen me when the stag was stood outside my tent rutting. :lol: I was curled up in a very tight ball hoping that he wouldn't come and trample on me whilst trying not to wet myself!!! :crazy:

This is familiar - I had similar hopes and fears when I shared a field with cows last month. Very brave to do the whole ridge at this time of year and great that you got the weather. Superb :clap:

At least deer and stags are more fearful - cows are too used to humans, they'd easily trample all over you. I would be much more scared of cows than a deer/stag. And thanks! :D

JimboJim wrote:Great walk and pictures to match. The hills really are alive with the sound of music! Keep it up and hopefully, we'll all get a listen in someday.

Jimmy

:lol: Maybe, just maybe.... Thanks Jimmy! :D

Jock McJock wrote:Well done Dawn!! That's a fair old walk that! Looks like a cracker though, one that has been on my radar for a while but I never seem to get close to doing! Love the pic of the Forcan ridge. You certainly know how to wild camp too!!! :lol: :lol:

I'd need a very hot man to go 'wild camping'.... :lol: Thanks, it's a cracking walk! :D

Collaciotach wrote:They is a bonnie ridge and aye your right its a long way between the two sets .... Glé mhath agus cord ruim ... I enjoyed that :clap:

Thanks Collaciotach! :D
dawnfoth
Munro compleatist

Postby malky_c » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:24 pm

This looks very similar to the day I had out on the ridge a couple of weeks earlier :) . Great walk and nice photos.

I find the quieter the road is, the more chance you have of getting a lift off the cars that do pass....sometimes :lol:
malky_c

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:80+37
Sub 2000:315   Hewitts:281
Wainwrights:140   Islands:39

Postby Johnny Corbett » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:39 am

That made me chuckle, superb report :thumbup: I think you might have burned more calories in your tent than during the walk :lol:
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Postby kev_russ » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:00 am

The hills are alive with the sound of music :) Nice one Dawn :clap:
kev_russ
Mountaineer

Munros:198   Corbetts:77
Fionas:27   Donalds:33
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:7
Wainwrights:9   

Postby Silverhill » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:39 pm

Well done on a long walk whilst the days are getting shorter! And you were lucky with the weather too! A fab trip! 8)
Silverhill

Munros:282   Corbetts:27
Fionas:7   Donalds:42
Sub 2000:28   

Postby dawnfoth » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:28 pm

malky_c wrote:This looks very similar to the day I had out on the ridge a couple of weeks earlier :) . Great walk and nice photos.

I find the quieter the road is, the more chance you have of getting a lift off the cars that do pass....sometimes :lol:

Thank you! :lol: maybe it was the wild hair I had that was putting folks off picking me up :lol:

Johnny Corbett wrote:That made me chuckle, superb report :thumbup: I think you might have burned more calories in your tent than during the walk :lol:

Thanks Johnny..... :lol: I did take the gloves off during the night admittedly

kev_russ wrote:The hills are alive with the sound of music :) Nice one Dawn :clap:

You were meant to say good music Kev! :wink: Thanks! :D

Silverhill wrote:Well done on a long walk whilst the days are getting shorter! And you were lucky with the weather too! A fab trip! 8)

I was quite lucky with the weather - I can be jammy sometimes - it was a fab trip followed up by three Munro's the next day (two of which were repeats) :roll: :D Ta Muchly
dawnfoth
Munro compleatist

9 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland