walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Starav and Glas Bheinn Mhor

Ben Starav and Glas Bheinn Mhor

Postby David Lyall » Tue May 11, 2010 8:33 pm

Munros included on this walk: Ben Starav, Glas Bheinn Mhòr

Date walked: 04/05/2010

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 16 km

Ascent: 1395m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Ben Starav (5).jpg
looking towards Ben Starav and Glas Bheinn Mhor
My first trip down Glen Etive and loved it. The cloud was covering the top 100m or so of Ben Starav and stayed there the whole day. Apart from that the weather was fine, I followed the traditional route up the west ridge of Ben Starav
Ben Starav (12).jpg
looking back up Glen etive towards Glen Coe
I found the path quite well defined although missed the start of it but soon corrected my self
Ben Starav (13).jpg
friendly wee ptarmigan near the top.
The path heading off the top towards Stob Corie Dheirg seemed easy enough to find, it was disappointing not to have any views at this point it looked as if it would be pretty spectacular. After a bite to eat I headed up Glas Bheinn Mhor. Forgot to check the map before decending and ended up on some steep and rock ground, very silly but another lesson learned.
David Lyall
Munro compleatist

Munros:200   Corbetts:28
Fionas:6   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland