walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

camp at Loch nan Eun with 2 munros thrown in.

camp at Loch nan Eun with 2 munros thrown in.

by mrssanta » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:04 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Iutharn Mhòr, Càrn an Rìgh

Date walked: 29/10/2014

Distance: 26.5 km

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: camp at Loch nan Eun with 2 munros thrown in.

Postby mrssanta » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:16 am

StevenF wrote:Nice report. You could try giving CWH a different name in order to get her to behave the way you want. Let me know if it worked next time when CozyWarm&Helpfull (no reason to change the initials) set up the tent and prepared the tea while your and Rudolph relaxed loch-side :clap:

I'm always looking at gear:
I stopped using those type's of sleeping mats in cold weather after trying an inflatable one. They are so much warmer and more comfy, well worth the weight penalty. (but more expensive :? )

Now that sounds like a good deal.
We have both kinds of mat. The closed cell goes under the groundsheet for warmth and protection and the inflatable inside. I have an exped down mat. Being bony I need the padding.
mrssanta
Mountain Walker

Munros:281   Corbetts:12
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:12   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:41   Islands:13

Postby mrssanta » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:20 am

Huff_n_Puff wrote:Lovely report, Loch nan Eun is a great place to camp. Loved the misty autumn photos, and the smiley mugs :lol:

Thanks. The mugs have their own photo album! They never grump when the weather is poor.
Definitely a lovely spot and looking forward to the return trip to bag the other two.
mrssanta
Mountain Walker

Munros:281   Corbetts:12
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:12   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:41   Islands:13

Postby AnnieMacD » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:47 am

Missed this so nice to see one of your reports again, MrsS! Great photo of Rudolph crossing the burn only because I can see myself in the same situation. Gaiters are only mildly effective in these situations!

I agree with dogplodder, your daughter looks just like you - great that she enjoys the hills with you.
AnnieMacD
Mountaineer

Munros:25   Corbetts:15
Fionas:13   
Sub 2000:8   

8 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland