walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Cruach nan Capull & Black Craig from Glen Kin Coffin Trail

Cruach nan Capull & Black Craig from Glen Kin Coffin Trail

Postby Johnny Corbett » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:04 pm

Fionas included on this walk: Cruach nan Capull

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Black Craig

Date walked: 13/11/2014

Time taken: 5.45 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

You have the choice of two tracks from the start point where there is parking just before the bridge. I took the upper track for the ascent which is reached by heading for the bridge and came back down the lower track. Both tracks are ideal for cycling, with the upper track gently climbing to the bealach. I left this track before the bealach at the point where it started to drop and made my way up the slopes to my right and then onto the Green Knap ridge. I then followed the ridge as it veered its way to the summit of Cruach nan Capull. This would be a straightforward walk on a misty day as the fence line leads to the summit. From the summit i returned along the ridge to the bealach and headed to Black Craig, where two small boulders marked the summit. I then returned to the bealach but didn't locate the path known as The Coffin Trail till i almost reached the track. Once on i took the lower track back with the only issue being two streams to cross which would pose a wee problem when i spate. I returned back to the car at 15.30 just before the rain came on, good timing, plus the forecasted winds were not as bad as forecast.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Glen Kin 002.JPG

Glen Kin 003.JPG

Glen Kin 004.JPG

Glen Kin 006.JPG

Glen Kin 007.JPG

Glen Kin 008.JPG

Glen Kin 009.JPG

Glen Kin 011.JPG

Glen Kin 012.JPG

Glen Kin 014.JPG

Glen Kin 015.JPG

Glen Kin 016.JPG

Glen Kin 017.JPG

Glen Kin 019.JPG

Glen Kin 020.JPG

Glen Kin 021.JPG

Glen Kin 023.JPG

Glen Kin 024.JPG

Glen Kin 025.JPG

Glen Kin 027.JPG

Glen Kin 026.JPG

Glen Kin 028.JPG
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland