walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Cruach nan Miseag from Lettermay

Cruach nan Miseag from Lettermay

Postby Johnny Corbett » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:06 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Cruach nam Miseag

Date walked: 25/11/2014

Time taken: 4.45 hours

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I parked opposite the Estate entrance then walked up through Lettermay to the track leading through the forest. It was my intention to carry on round the track and then the path to the Lochan and then make my way to the summit from there. However whilst on the track i came to another track heading south up through the trees which isn't on my map. I wasn't sure how far up this would go but decided to give it a try and luckily it lead up through the trees to the open hillside. It was a nice wee walk up this and once out into the open i used other quad tracks before eventually leaving them for the summit. My return route was now to be my original route of ascent, so i made my way down to the Lochan and followed it round to find the path through the forest. I When i reached the part of the Lochan where the path was on the map i headed over to some large boulders for lunch and after lunch got over the fence and started to make my way down the path. It led down along steep slope beside the stream and then was heading in towards the trees and was quite slippy at times. I wasn't sure about this route so decided to return to the boulders and skirt around the left hand side of the 557m point. Further round logging had taken place and i made my way through this to pick up the track that lead back to the village.
Cruach nan Miseag 002.JPG

Cruach nan Miseag 003.JPG

Cruach nan Miseag 004.JPG

Cruach nan Miseag 005.JPG

Cruach nan Miseag 006.JPG

Cruach nan Miseag 007.JPG

Cruach nan Miseag 008.JPG

Cruach nan Miseag 009.JPG

Cruach nan Miseag 010.JPG

Cruach nan Miseag 011.JPG

Cruach nan Miseag 012.JPG

Cruach nan Miseag 014.JPG

Cruach nan Miseag 015.JPG

Cruach nan Miseag 016.JPG

Cruach nan Miseag 017.JPG

Cruach nan Miseag 018.JPG
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Re: Cruach nan Miseag from Lettermay

Postby robertphillips » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:29 pm

looks a good wee hill for a midweek jaunt johnny. :lol:
robertphillips
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:423   Hewitts:179
Wainwrights:214   Islands:39

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland