walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Munro 5 & 6 - Beinn Tulaichean & Cruach Ardrain

Munro 5 & 6 - Beinn Tulaichean & Cruach Ardrain

Postby IamAJMiller » Mon May 17, 2010 4:19 pm

Route description: Cruach Àrdrain and Beinn Tulaichean

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Tulaichean, Cruach Àrdrain

Date walked: 10/05/2009

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 11 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

So I was at the picnic spot at the end of Loch Voil the day before but the weather was attrocious! Decided if I was doing nothing the next day I would return, and return I did! Parked up at the same place and saw a few others but they were all heading off to Stob Binnein. The track North of the farm was incredibly boggy but once I got past that it was ok on the slopes! There is no path up this side so I had to pick my way up the slopes, avoiding crags and other minor obsticles, it was such a slog, it felt like forever!! Half way up I got a phonecall from my friend Gary and had to explain why Lewis Hamilton was such a big liar, he didn't know, why aren't I watching the F1?!?! :D

At the top there was quite a bit of snow, especially higher up on Cruach. I met a couple who commented on the same thing, but this was the only people I saw the whole day!! The mist had lifted and I was rewarded with superb views of Ben More and Stob Binnein (I'd learnt the names by this time!). I found the 2 geocaches and hid one of my own! Then retraced my steps down the mountain! I remember being able to pick out Ben Nevis to the North and the Campsie Fells to the South, basically the entire length of the West Highland Way was in view! Knowing I was doing this in a few weeks I was a little daunted but also very excited! 8)
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

IamAJMiller
Munro compleatist

Munros:13   Corbetts:31
Fionas:2   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:18   Hewitts:51
Wainwrights:78   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland