walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Teanga & Sron a'Choire Ghairbh

Teanga & Sron a'Choire Ghairbh

Postby Louise993 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:07 pm

Route description: Loch Lochy Munros from Kilfinnan

Munros included on this walk: Meall na Teanga, Sròn a' Choire Ghairbh

Date walked: 29/11/2014

Time taken: 7.4 hours

Distance: 20.1 km

Ascent: 951m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Anne and I

Headed off for a wee impromptu weekend so Anne could bag her 200th

Accommodation - Great Glen Way again ( women was as lovely as ever)

As you can see from the map we actually parked on the main road in a big layby just south of the Laggan Locks entrance and a telephone box.

It only added 10 mins onto our journey and meant we did not have to go along the tiny road.

Additionally we were thinking that you could park in Laggan Locks car park as it has a large car park and there seems to be no restrictions. Certainly on Saturday the place was dead which seemed surprising given a fair weather forecast . It seems this place is pretty dead in the winter months so i am sure they would not mind you parking there in the winter ..

Nice gradual walk up through the woods and up to the bealach , very straight forward walk, very clear paths all the way up ( just a slight bit of navigation required on the top of each if clouds are in) . Nip up do Sron a'Choire Ghairbh back to the bealach nip up to the other one.

There was a group of three setting off at the same time who had chosen to go up over the ridge to Sron... and then drop down to bealach to do the 2nd and return to car park through the glen .

We got to the top of Sron ... 5 mins before them :wink:

Admittedly they took over from us later which would suggest to me that although going up through the forest and glen is longer in distance (by 2 K) , it is quicker.. .

The weather was very mild and despite a promise of 70% cloud free.. , the clouds stayed with us on the top of the two summits , so unfortunately no views at the top nevertheless a cracking mild day with no gale force winds or rain to contend with. and a wee celebratory drink of coffee'n' tia maria just hit the spot :lol:

Congrats Anne on your 200th, cant wait till we hit your 250 :clap:
Attachments
Anne's 200th.JPG
Anne's 200th :-)

Move_2014_11_29_08_32_19_Mountaineering (1).gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Last edited by Louise993 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Louise993
Mountaineer

Munros:282   Corbetts:14
Fionas:1   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:5   

Re: Teanga & Sron a'Choire Ghairbh

Postby gammy leg walker » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:05 pm

Was this today I was there today but don't think we met
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

Postby Louise993 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:32 pm

gammy leg walker wrote:Was this today I was there today but don't think we met

No it was the day before (Saturday)
Louise993
Mountaineer

Munros:282   Corbetts:14
Fionas:1   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:5   

Postby gammy leg walker » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:15 pm

Louise993 wrote:
gammy leg walker wrote:Was this today I was there today but don't think we met

No it was the day before (Saturday)

Ah wondered about the weather
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland