walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Lomond

Ben Lomond

Postby helsbels » Tue May 18, 2010 9:38 pm

Munros included on this walk: Ben Lomond

Date walked: 18/05/2010

Time taken: 3 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

First Munro - now I am hooked!!
helsbels
Mountain Walker

Munros:1   

Re: Ben Lomond

Postby davidmhodgey » Wed May 19, 2010 1:19 pm

Congratulations! A new life reading about mountains, studying maps and drooling in gear shops awaits!
davidmhodgey

Munros:83   Corbetts:3

Postby Jock McJock » Thu May 20, 2010 8:22 pm

Nice one Helsbels :D New to this Munro malarky myself so know how you feel. Done Ben Lomond in December when it was a wee bit icy and thoroughly enjoyed it. Used to live down that way and always wanted to get up there and I finally did. Been out and about around the Arrochar Alps lately and I would recommend it as a good place to get into the swing of things. The hills round there have a wee bit of everything and I have learned a lot over the past couple of months; like not to stand on your sunglasses and make sure you have a change of clothes in the car in case you get soaked :lol: You think this Munro thing is really just some kind of illness and we're all just mad :? :lol:
Jock McJock
Mountain Walker

Munros:173   Corbetts:5
Grahams:2   
Sub 2000:1   

Postby MG1976 » Thu May 20, 2010 11:08 pm

Congratulations Helsbels.

You've actually achieved two significant "1st's".......

Not only your 1st Munro, but you're 1st Post on Walkhighlands.
I'm sure you'll find both become very addictive.

Martin
MG1976
Mountain Walker

Corbetts:5
Sub 2000:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland