walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

cruach ardrian, beinn tulaichean

cruach ardrian, beinn tulaichean

Postby d gwynn » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:11 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Tulaichean, Cruach Àrdrain

Date walked: 04/11/2014

Time taken: 7 hours

Distance: 17.5 km

Ascent: 1350m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

I started out at a much earlier time today after a light breakfast and taking in the local shop on route.The break in point for the hills is only a little way up the A82 The first bit of the walk is up to Grey Heights do not try to go thru the pine forest it is bloody hard work and very very boggy,after struggling for half an hour I cut my losses and followed a forestry track which took me round to the west of Grey Heights and is the much easier option. Once on the top you follow a broad ridge line up and over Meall Mhamh to the side of Cruach Ardrain the final 300 ft or so is a hefty slog up a little path to the end of the summit plateau then head NE to the highest point. If you are heading for Beinn Tulaichean retrace your path to edge of the summit plateau the head SE down to the col and back up to the summit of Beinn Tulaichean.
ardrain 1.jpg
cruach ardrian from beinn tulaichean

I chose to retrace my steps all the way back to the hotel getting this picture of the side of stob coire bhuidhe from Meall Dhamh as the the sun was getting low
1601 after the summits.jpg
from the ridge line
all in all another great day in the mountains of Scotland!!
d gwynn
Munro compleatist

Munros:33   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:114
Wainwrights:200   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland