walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Schiehallion - 22/05/10 (Super Chase)

Schiehallion - 22/05/10 (Super Chase)

by MG1976 » Mon May 24, 2010 5:41 pm

Route description: Schiehallion

Munros included on this walk: Schiehallion

Date walked: 22/05/2010

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 10 km

Ascent: 780m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Schiehallion - 22/05/10

Postby Lesley Walker » Thu May 27, 2010 7:19 am

Fantastic report MG and what a brilliant achievement for little Chase! :clap: :clap: :D This had better win the report of the month!!

Like alan s, I have a 3 year old daughter. She's done 10 Munros in the backpack and I thought we would now be knocking them on the head for at least a couple of years. Thanks to Chase, I'm hopeful she'll be back up there off her own steam a bit sooner than that.

Wee Chase is indeed a Superman and your report did bring on a wee greet! I could feel your pride. Beautifully written and very emotive.

Look forward to hearing all about his next one!

L
:thumbup:
Lesley Walker
Mountaineer

Munros:12   Corbetts:2
Fionas:1   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:4   

Postby holtlynx » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:37 pm

Crikey, I thought my little girl was doing well when she got to the top of her first Munro, unaided as here, a few days short of her 5th birthday some years ago. That was Ben Sgritheall, so a real sea level to summit job, but even so...3!!! Nice tale. All the camera nonsense just makes it better.
holtlynx

Postby tomyboy73 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:38 pm

:D fantastic, sounds like you all had a great day out :D i wish my kids would come out with me more often :)
well done Chase 8)
tomyboy73
Mountain Walker

Munros:185   Corbetts:40
Fionas:9   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:6   Hewitts:6
Wainwrights:3   Islands:5
Walk wish-list

Postby DefenderKen » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:59 pm

Well done to both of you.

Hopefully the start of many more hills to come.

As inspiration the first munro my son climbed under his own steam was Ben more on mull at the age of 4. He is 10 next week and has just climbed his 57th munro completing the cruachan horseshoe yesterday.

We also rock climb, mountain bike and walk in the lakes.... start them young and enjoy every second!!!

All the best.
DefenderKen
Mountain Walker

Munros:77   
Hewitts:64
Wainwrights:93   

Postby rascal2010 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:28 pm

Thought you might appreciate these 2 pictures of you and your son walking up Schiehallion. We snapped the pictures after we received your chocolate treats and you told us about losing the camera!! Best wishes!! -Alex and Lindsay
PS. If you'd like we can send you the original picture files too. Just send us an email address. Cheers!!
Attachments
DSCN3405.JPG
DSCN3404.JPG
rascal2010
Mountaineer

Munros:8   

Postby MG1976 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:16 pm

rascal2010 wrote:Thought you might appreciate these 2 pictures of you and your son walking up Schiehallion. We snapped the pictures after we received your chocolate treats and you told us about losing the camera!! Best wishes!! -Alex and Lindsay
PS. If you'd like we can send you the original picture files too. Just send us an email address. Cheers!!

Hi Alex & Lindsay. Great to hear from you and to see you as registered users. Leaflet distribution (& chocolate) works! I've sent you a PM with my e-mail address and your offer to send on the picture files is greatly appreciated.

Just goes to show the great spirit to be found in the hill walking community.

Cheers,
Martin (&Chase)
MG1976
Mountain Walker

Corbetts:5
Sub 2000:1   

Re: Schiehallion - 22/05/10 (Report of the Month - May '10)

Postby Derek T » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:52 pm

If we needed proof of what a great site this is the posting of the above photographs are it!!! :D

Seeing the size of little Chase against those big boulders gives an even better understanding of what a great achievement this was for the wee man :wink:

Derek
Derek T
Munro compleatist

Munros:22   
Sub 2000:8   Hewitts:55
Wainwrights:100   

Postby monty » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:56 pm

I have to say those pictures say it all. :D Very impressive young Chase walking up through what would be huge boulders to him. :D Again wel done Chase
monty

Postby rascal2010 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:42 pm

we have emailed you the pics Martin - enjoy. Very nearly a summit photo. It was lovely to meet you both on the mountain - definitely added to the stunning day up there. Congratulations on report of the month!! look forward to reading more now we have joined up. Looks like a fantastic site so yes - the chocolate (and leaflet) was a very successful ploy :)

Best

Lindsay & Alex
rascal2010
Mountaineer

Munros:8   

Postby rambler » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:40 pm

Just found this report while looking for some pictures of Schiehallion route - what an enjoyable read it made and your pride in your sons achievement is well justified.

Well done Chase :D :clap:
rambler
Hill Bagger

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland