walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Bennachie (Oxen Craig)

Bennachie (Oxen Craig)

Postby Scotshiker » Mon May 24, 2010 11:20 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Bennachie (Oxen Craig)

Date walked: 25/04/2010

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

We had been up this way a few times earlier in the year but was on Mither Tap summit. My youngest Daughter (5years old) had being goin on at me about taking her up a mountain (LOL) mainly because she hears all the stories and knows her older Sister goes up them. So i went and bought her proper leather hiking boots and took her up Bennachie thinking id have to carry Her most of the time (i carry Her alot at time and she loves being up on my shoulders, higher than everyone else) but i was so wrong. She practically run up and down it and was trying to get my Bud to run down with Her.
It was a good day out for all and weather was good to us, now the problem is that She wants to do another one (LOL) and "it has to be a Munro" she says but we will just wait and see.
IMG_0035.jpg
IMG_0034.jpg
IMG_1915.jpg
IMG_1875.jpg
Rocky outcrop on Oxen Craig.jpg
IMG_0069.jpg
Mither Tap.jpg
Me and my girls.jpg
My Bud and my Girls.jpg
Scotshiker
Munro compleatist

Munros:34   
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland