walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Stob Binnein from the South

Stob Binnein from the South

Postby stuart mclovin » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:28 pm

Munros included on this walk: Stob Binnein

Date walked: 31/01/2015

Time taken: 5 hours

Ascent: 1165m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Had originally hoped to take on both Stob Binnein and Ben More but the weather was brutal once i reached the 800m mark so only bagged the one. :(

Had a great day out though, views were spectacular, worst part was the farm road i had to drive to get to Inverlochlarig, iced over and a few times i struggled to get moving again when the car stopped to let another pass.

Does anyone know the story about Steven Ferri, didn't spot his memorial until i returned to the car park?
Attachments
IMG_2936.jpg
IMG_2880rsize.jpg
IMG_2846.jpg
IMG_2843rsize.jpg
rsz_img_2885summ.jpg
stuart mclovin
Munro compleatist

Munros:17   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland