walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

2 day wild camp

2 day wild camp

by davetherave » Wed May 26, 2010 8:32 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn a' Chreachain, Beinn Achaladair, Beinn an Dòthaidh, Beinn Heasgarnich, Beinn Mhanach, Creag Mhòr (Glen Lochay)

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn nam Fuaran, Cam Chreag (Auch)

Date walked: 21/05/2010

Time taken: 25 hours

Distance: 51 km

Ascent: 4260m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: 2 day wild camp

Postby Graeme D » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:37 am

Hi Dave,

Got back yesterday from my trip around Loch Lyon - ultimately I achieved the goal of circuiting the Loch but it didn't quite go according to plan (Sunday's weather put paid to that!). Just looking at your route again and some of your pics, especially the one of your first camping spot in Gleann Cailliche. I came through the glen on Sunday. I was basically forced out that way in an attempt to find an escape route due to many of the rivers being uncrossable after the deluge of the night before. The difference between the Allt Cailliche in your picture and what I saw on Sunday is absolutely frightening. Report coming soon!
Graeme D

Munros:251   Corbetts:123
Fionas:75   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:59   Hewitts:36
Wainwrights:28   Islands:6

Re: 2 day wild camp

Postby smithji » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:17 am

Any Green River boys going to attend this year? It's just down the road ya know? :shock:
smithji

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland