walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Cuillin extravaganza

Cuillin extravaganza

by BlackPanther » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:15 pm

Route description: Sgurr na Banachdich

Munros included on this walk: Sgurr na Banachdich

Date walked: 14/02/2015

Time taken: 5.5 hours

Distance: 8 km

Ascent: 939m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Cuillin extravaganza

Postby Fife Flyer » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:36 pm

Another good one BP with your usual superb photo's :clap: :clap:
Agree with the previous comments about the lack of snow :shock:

I am one of Simon B's co-pilots in May, the thought of walking in the Cuillins is rather scary, I'm going for safety in numbers - never abseiled though :roll:
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist

Munros:195   Corbetts:42
Grahams:21   Donalds:37
Sub 2000:120   Hewitts:2
Islands:5

Re: Cuillin extravaganza

Postby BlackPanther » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:28 pm

So many kind comments, thank you all! :D :D :D

I'm warming up to the more difficult peaks on Skye. One week of hols in May, two weeks in June, so beware Skye mountains, the meowing one is coming :lol: :lol:

On a serious note, we have climbed all Red Cuillin summits, but some of them are well worth repeating in winter conditions, just to mention Marsco, The Deargs and Garbhein (technically, the last one is a Black Cuillin, but I'd fancy it in snow, Kevin had done it and he came down alive so I can do it too :lol: ).

The magic of Skye is not only in the mountains, I think I will never tire of the island. It's a special place.

Re: the lack of snow - the white stuff is now back! We visited Glen Affric on Saturday and walked in a whiteout for a couple of hours... I hope spring returns soon!
BlackPanther
Mountain Walker

Munros:260   Corbetts:165
Grahams:114   
Sub 2000:48   

6 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).
Previous

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland