walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

CRAMOND PROMENADE AND RIVER ALMOND WALKWAY TO CRAMOND BRIG

CRAMOND PROMENADE AND RIVER ALMOND WALKWAY TO CRAMOND BRIG

Postby blueyed » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:19 pm

Route description: Cramond Island and Cramond Brig, Cramond

Date walked: 07/03/2015

Time taken: 3.5 hours

Distance: 7 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

the walk can be started either from cramond brig pub at the quensferry road or from the cramond village car park at the cramond promenade.

river almond meets the sea at cramond village, the walk along the river is about 1.5 -2 miles long. the whole way the path is well defined and sheltered by trees - great for rainy or windy days out.

from cramond village walk south to the old mill (now café - great cakes!), pass the cascade and soon you'll reach the stairs. walk up and soon you'll be going down to the river level again (this is to avoid a dangerous cliff at the river).
soon you'll find yourself briefly entering the estate and reach cramond brig with enclosure for ponies nearby!

walk time about 1.5-2hrs return

AS I LIVE NEARBY I USUALLY INCLUDE CRAMOND PROMENADE IN MY WALK which makes it about 3.5 hrs long, very nice thou

promenade

towards island, views across to the forth bridge

the promenade looking east

local wildlife includes curlews and my fav -oystercatchers

cramond island is accessible by causeway, in low tide only. if thinking about crossing - CHECK THE TIMES!

cramond village

cascades on river almond

more pics from area on my blog around-scotland @ blogspot
blueyed
Hill Bagger

Munros:50   Corbetts:13
Fionas:5   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:5   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland